• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Pro grille vendors

ev_santillano

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR5 DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
About to pull the trigger, finally, on a TRD pro grille for my 21 SR5 but there seems to be a lot of different vendors and websites selling them. Anyone have any recommendations or stories they would like to share, good or bad, about websites or vendors? Tacoclout seems be the least expensive but I want a good product. I’m sure there can’t be too much difference in material from vendor to vendor but theres just too many options for me to make the purchase without at least asking on here… I appreciate any and all help 👍

I bought my grille from Toyota Pro Shop. I have the front facing camera so I had to buy the camera bracket from Taco Vinyl. Think I paid $250. $209 for the Grille and $40 for the mount.

Pro Grille

Camera Bracket:

Dave

Grab one from the dealer. I think I paid $190 shipped for mine.
I was thinking going with one from the dealer , if I could find one, but I watched taco garage’s comparison video and the dealer grille used double sided tape to mount the letters. Nothing wrong with that but other aftermarket grilles used bolts which I’d prefer. I think taco garage’s uses bolts and tacoclout’s uses bolts as well.

I bought my grille from Toyota Pro Shop. I have the front facing camera so I had to buy the camera bracket from Taco Vinyl. Think I paid $250. $209 for the Grille and $40 for the mount.

Pro Grille

Camera Bracket:

Dave
How are the letters held with double sided tape?? Or bolts??

I was thinking going with one from the dealer , if I could find one, but I watched taco garage’s comparison video and the dealer grille used double sided tape to mount the letters. Nothing wrong with that but other aftermarket grilles used bolts which I’d prefer. I think taco garage’s uses bolts and tacoclout’s uses bolts as well.

He's marketing their own grill. Of course he's gonna knit pick at all the dumb stuff.
I've never seen an OEM grill lose a letter. I'm sure if you look for the others some have lost letters.

Back