• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Potential for Rubbing?

LoscoeJabroscoe

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hello Tacoma3G community! I am a first time Tacoma owner and new to this forum, this is my first ever post so thank you in advance to anyone who reads or contributes to this thread.

I drive an 18' Cement TRD Off Road - Double Cab - Short bed that is completely stock. I've been driving it about one year now and am ready to lift the truck and go with a larger tire. This is my first truck and first time ever attempting to lift a vehicle so I am new to a lot of this. (forgive me if I sound like a dummie at any point)

This truck is a daily driver that will not see much off roading (dirt roads at the worst). The lift and tires are primarily for the look.

I have a Leer 100XQ topper with a roof rack that weighs somewhere between 180-220 pounds. I figured I should mention this in case the extra weight could be an important factor.

As of right now I am drawn to the option of a 3"F / 2"R Leveling Kit coupled with 285/75/r16's on my stock off road wheels. I am not sure if this will rub and would like to get some thoughts and opinions from the community.

To be more specific with the parts here is what I'm leaning towards:

Ready Lift 3"F / 2"R SST Lift Kit

BFgoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 - SIZE: LT285/75R16

I would like to avoid trimming if possible or at least keeping it to a minimum. I would appreciate any thoughts on this setup or advice to achieve a similar look.

Thanks again
Sam

Hello Tacoma3G community! I am a first time Tacoma owner and new to this forum, this is my first ever post so thank you in advance to anyone who reads or contributes to this thread.

I drive an 18' Cement TRD Off Road - Double Cab - Short bed that is completely stock. I've been driving it about one year now and am ready to lift the truck and go with a larger tire. This is my first truck and first time ever attempting to lift a vehicle so I am new to a lot of this. (forgive me if I sound like a dummie at any point)

This truck is a daily driver that will not see much off roading (dirt roads at the worst). The lift and tires are primarily for the look.

I have a Leer 100XQ topper with a roof rack that weighs somewhere between 180-220 pounds. I figured I should mention this in case the extra weight could be an important factor.

As of right now I am drawn to the option of a 3"F / 2"R Leveling Kit coupled with 285/75/r16's on my stock off road wheels. I am not sure if this will rub and would like to get some thoughts and opinions from the community.

To be more specific with the parts here is what I'm leaning towards:

Ready Lift 3"F / 2"R SST Lift Kit

BFgoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 - SIZE: LT285/75R16

I would like to avoid trimming if possible or at least keeping it to a minimum. I would appreciate any thoughts on this setup or advice to achieve a similar look.

Thanks again
Sam
This should look nice on your truck. I pretty much running the exact same heights, just with King Coil-overs / Shocks. You should have minimal rubbing. Suggest you research alignment as you can ask your alignment shop to adjust caster to push the tires forward. This can be done while keeping other numbers within spec. Alot of people are getting lifetime alignment at Firestone so they can just go back and request further adjustments or have them redo after some hard off-roading.

Back