• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Place to check out..Reward Mine near Lone Pine, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonofcar

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Just want to share a fun little quick trip that is right off 395, 19 or so miles from Alabama Hills. Reward Mine is a old mine that has a mine that big enough to drive your vehicle into, about 1/4 mile or so deep! If your into a little hike, hike up to the other side of the mountain and check out the views of the valley, a bunch of other smaller mines(enter at your own risk tho) and a bunch of old mine equipment!! Here is a short video of the Mine!

This is terrifying to watch haha, but i want to do it. How stable is the mine?

Wow, looks awesome! Def a place that would be nerve racking to drive through or even walk through!

Goals for sure!! Thanks for posting the video.
no problem!! Thats why I wanted to make this video, it’s a cool place that kinda under the radar. Between this and alabama hills you can have a killer weekend!!

Wow, looks awesome! Def a place that would be nerve racking to drive through or even walk through!

it is lol but that what makes it so fun!!

This is terrifying to watch haha, but i want to do it. How stable is the mine?

How stable..good question ha. Not really sure, but I would say pretty good. It’s been reinforced pretty good in many area and there are no signs of being unstable. I believe it was dug in the early 80’s.
The smaller mines above are much older (say 1865 to 1942)and those are not stable lol entry at you own risk lol.

Great video. What are the ceiling height like in there? I've always been curious if my truck with the shell and tent would even fit in there.

That was epic! I travel north to Tahoe on the 395 a few time a year. Gonna make that a stop for sure. My kids will dig it and my wife will freak out so it's perfect!

Now that's different. I wonder if I can convince my wife that we need to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back