• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pittsburgh - 2019 Quicksand TRD Sport

KSiebs

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Hey Everyone, first truck and Tacoma. Will be a daily driver, mall crawler and mostly haul antiques, wood and plywood for home projects. Been lurking for the past month while trying to find my Tacoma and you guys have me excited to start making upgrades.

I’m not sure what the experience has been for the other recent buyers but it‘s tough out there if you don’t want something on the lot!

After driving a manual Dodge Caliber (with no a/c, manual locks and rollup windows) for the past 11 years, I was finally ready for my first truck as my wife and I are now homeowners and expecting our first child in August. Settled on a midsize and was looking at the Tacoma, Colorado and Ridgeline. Found a 2019 Ridgeline which was nice, and probably would’ve worked for the family as I won’t be doing too much off roading, but pricing wasn’t great compared to the new financing offers. Went to a Toyota dealer down the street and drove a 2020 OR and loved it. Wasn’t ready to pay for a new 2020 OR so had them look for an SR5 in Quicksand. Two dealers had them, one refused to trade and the other sold it.

Been waiting over 3 weeks and all the inventory was wiped out with no new vehicles incoming. Happened to see a 2019 Sport in Ohio only an hour away so checked it out. Fell in love and it only had 900 miles! Older guy owned it who hit some cars in a parking lot and had to give up his license. His loss, my gain. I figure if I could slug through 11 years in a terrible dodge I’ll be handing down this Tacoma to my new boy when he turns 16!

Couldn’t be happier after these first two weeks and have just started ordering some (mostly) cosmetic upgrades.

7609BC36-7F4B-47F8-AE24-B454BAE46BFC.jpeg

First install: Go Rhino RB10 Runners
D9436E29-F334-4A10-BDA6-60105BAC1E71.jpeg

Debated ordering overlays vs plasti dip for the badges. After watching too many YouTube’s I went for the plasti dip and figure it’s worth it even if it doesn’t last. I’d recommend it based on the day 1 look for a $6 upgrade. Super easy and overspray wiped off with a microfiber towel easily.
FBA89F60-4D64-43CE-AF18-67B34EE0C292.jpeg

10E10C88-D1EA-4AFF-A7CF-9C19B16449EB.jpeg

Ordered:
Matte black vinyl overlays for the chrome on the rims. Not sure how it’ll hold up but cheap too.
Quicksand glovebox letters from tacos4cheap
Matte black tailgate insert from eyecatcher
Meso quicksand dechrome in the cart but spacing out early purchases from the wife and still out of stock on vents

Future Plans:
Maybe smoke tint for fogs and mirror signals. Also considering meso ultimate turn signal if they are stocked.
Considering vinyl accent for radio surround and vent by wheel
VLED interior lights
Pop lock tailgate lock
Striker hood lifts
Bed lighting

Nothing crazy planned unless I get inspired and can convince the wife to let me spend the money. Would love some leather covers and heated seat upgrades at some point. Excited to finally have something I want to put time and money into making my own.

Attachments

• 7D40C25F-23D1-41EA-B33B-0B41ACC6F5EF.jpeg
    7D40C25F-23D1-41EA-B33B-0B41ACC6F5EF.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Welcome! Looks like you got a start on some small mods that make a huge difference.

FYI - I'm from around Pittsburgh.

Welcome to Tacoma3g!

Congrats on the new truck!

I picked mine right off the lot, only cause it was red lol

Back