• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pillar grab handle

dtrinka

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and I really want a drivers side grab handle. Anywhere to order? Dealerships just tell me they can't sell it

My understanding is that the reason they removed it was so the airbag would work. Interestingly, the new Nissan Frontier is missing it too.

My understanding is that the reason they removed it was so the airbag would work. Interestingly, the new Nissan Frontier is missing it too.
Ok, so the Tacoma isn't the only one. This is the main reason I haven't seriously looked into this mod. Well, that and the company that sells those is well known as a shady operation.

When you watch YouTube on installing it the airbag is not close to it. Look at the passenger side, that has an airbag on that side. I personally think they are just being cheap

When you watch YouTube on installing it the airbag is not close to it. Look at the passenger side, that has an airbag on that side. I personally think they are just being cheap
It's wouldn't be the first time. Look at what else they have removed from the truck in recent years, the 3rd track in the bed, the second cubby in the bed, the Facebook app...

The hardware is still very poor quality and the company is shady.

Watch Robmotive YouTube videos….his installs , I think he has made two of them on the grab handle ,,
His latest one point out the problems & solutions…
The grab handles look great and for those who were able to get it install correctly…really like this MOD…
But many others mention, the company that sells them is difficult to work with…?

Wish Toyota Corporate would make this driver side grab available … I would buy one !
I have to grab and pull myself up holding the steering wheel…

Another reason Toyota going cheap…No driver side grab handles.. To be the best…you need to offer better equipment…. Anyone can be average…..
Aloha

I have a lot of stuff from KTJO4x4. Was never shady with any of our transactions. I will say things have been slow and delayed. Sometimes really slow with responses. But she always came through. Hardware was a little yucky with the grab handle. But you can either get new hardware and just choose not to use hers or spend the extra time to clean it up. Apply a little grease before install. I'd say it's safe to order what's in stock. But anything pre-order may just take a bit. It's like crowdfunding. Her driver side grab bars were in stock and on sale. I think it's worth ordering. Since no one else offers one. I would purchase again. But I'm ok with waiting for things, especially when she said it's pre-order.

Last edited:
Back