• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Picked up my new Tacoma today!!!

SgtTaco

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
Ordered 7/21
Built 9/10/21
Arrived 10/1/21
Picked up 10/2/21
First mod 10/2/21
B9776DEE-5597-4AD7-8BAB-C517445B9EAC.jpeg
F121E921-2BD6-4E1A-ACCE-BE0DE1C81E7A.jpeg
65284070-A351-4952-8C47-41707141F7DD.jpeg

Yes they are. I really don’t need them to get in. Look decent enough. Not going to be off roading on purpose. But they’ll help my mom if I take her anywhere

Thanks everyone! Been totally geeking out on reading about all the technology in the engine such as two fuel injection systems, self cleaning injectors, how the VVT-i works. Then I play around and find out that you can put the Toyota app on your Apple Watch, and can lock/unlock and remote start from your watch!

Let the fun and games begin. Happy Happy Happy.

Welcome! And the mods begin... Build plan?

Mark

Not much. It’s a daily driver. No off roading in my future. Have a tonneau and console safe on order. Going to be putting in a power tailgate lock and A/C drain mod. I put on vent visors and a Meso Customs start button. That’s about all. Pretty boring.

Not much. It’s a daily driver. No off roading in my future. Have a tonneau and console safe on order. Going to be putting in a power tailgate lock and A/C drain mod. I put on vent visors and a Meso Customs start button. That’s about all. Pretty boring.
Welcome to the club. Stock or not there’s nothing boring about a Tacoma.

Awesome! Looks great! Which cover did you go with?

Edit: just noticed the LED package, jealous of that for sure!

Last edited:
Just read that Toyota will start charging for owners to use their key fob remote start feature.

I recommend Start-x remote start works with OEM remote.

I've had two different 3Gs on with a key start and one push to start where I had to remove a previous remote start setup (big grumpy face).

Both were plug and play with factory remotes, simple to install, 15-20 minutes if you just shove it all in or 30 if you groom as you go. The keyed start does NOT shut off the vehicle once you get in after you put the key in and in on position.

To start is lock 3x but I do 4 to annoy my neighbors.

Install is a 10mm and a that good old friend Philip!

Attachments

• 20220411_155011.jpg
    20220411_155011.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220411_171347.jpg
    20220411_171347.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Congrats on your new Tacoma. I really like your RED ..Start/stop button…..nice picture! I also added the Red start/stop button ….I consider one of the better MODS…today…
In the beginning of ownship…finding the Start/stop button..sometimes was annoying…today…very visible!

If you are NOT going to use your truck for off roading? Once a month…Read the Manuel….at least once month engage the 4H and 4L …to keep them lube and working…or ?
Aloha

Back