• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Phishing Site, or just a duplicate?

SacFett

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Is the CaliRaisedOffRoad.com the same website as CaliRaisedLED.com? They sell almost exactly the same products, but I noticed some stuff is on sale on one and not the other, and one offers lights the other doesn't. They the same bear logo, though they're both just slightly different. Anybody know what the deal with it is? If it's the same company, why in the world would they have two different sites?

Cali Raised it’s nota good company.

Go to Rago Fabrication instead. In all cases, anything Cali Raised makes and sells is also made and sold by someone else.

Cali Raised it’s nota good company.

Go to Rago Fabrication instead. In all cases, anything Cali Raised makes and sells is also made and sold by someone else.
I was doing some more reading and shopping around yesterday, and I saw an earlier post where you said the same thing and then clarified with the follow-up on the civil suit filed by Rago Fabrication. I couldn't read the documents that were in it since it was behind a paywall, but the circumstances around it with the website tomfoolery certainly dissuaded me from going with them. Thanks for the heads up!

I was doing some more reading and shopping around yesterday, and I saw an earlier post where you said the same thing and then clarified with the follow-up on the civil suit filed by Rago Fabrication. I couldn't read the documents that were in it since it was behind a paywall, but the circumstances around it with the website tomfoolery certainly dissuaded me from going with them. Thanks for the heads up!
I'm not saying yes or no to Cali Raised; I've heard good and bad. But I don't think they make their own products if that matters to you.

Here are two threads that discuss it:

Both Cali Rasied and @ragofabrication are members here and I think Rago has a 15% discount code for T3G members. Their forums are here:

Last edited:
What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Seems like same company. One is the Caliraised LED brand. The other is a retailer to carry all the other stuff.

I'll be honest, I got their lightbar and hidden mount before.
Don't have it anymore. Nothing special and I'd assume it's just stuff you can get on Amazon just marked up. Unless they are having the manufacturers customize the lightbars to their specs.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    730.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Seems like same company. One is the Caliraised LED brand. The other is a retailer to carry all the other stuff.

I'll be honest, I got their lightbar and hidden mount before.
Don't have it anymore. Nothing special and I'd assume it's just stuff you can get on Amazon just marked up. Unless they are having the manufacturers customize the lightbars to their specs.
I think you’re right about the Amazon part.

It was just general window shopping. I think in that particular instance I was looking at the AlphaRex smoked tail lights? They were on the offroad but not the led website.

I think you’re right about the Amazon part.
The only difference I see between Caliraised lights and others is they use OSRAM LED's.
A lot of the cheaper options offer the 5D optic/lens but with the CREE.
I think they are both good.

I'm assuming that taking the base lightbar and request to go with OSRAMS. To make it unique to them.
I assume it costs a little more.

It was just general window shopping. I think in that particular instance I was looking at the AlphaRex smoked tail lights? They were on the offroad but not the led website.
Not sure how deep you got into 3rd Gen modifications.

My friend got a set and I make fun of him. I'm just not a AlphaRex person.
Hate how they had to put their branding inside the headlight.

This is a good place to start. :)

CaliRaised was started by a guy who did some shady stuff. After all that stuff went down he looked to sell a portion of the business. Unbeknownst to buyers he sold off CaliRaised Offroad to the new owner and he moved to Texas to continue under the CaliRaised LED banner.

The two businesses are separate, but oddly share a similar name. The original owner operates the LED side out of Texas and is the source of all the previous drama. The new owner of CaliRaised Offroad runs the business out of California and for the last two plus years has been trying to dig himself out of the hole the previous owner made.

CaliRaised was started by a guy who did some shady stuff. After all that stuff went down he looked to sell a portion of the business. Unbeknownst to buyers he sold off CaliRaised Offroad to the new owner and he moved to Texas to continue under the CaliRaised LED banner.

The two businesses are separate, but oddly share a similar name. The original owner operates the LED side out of Texas and is the source of all the previous drama. The new owner of CaliRaised Offroad runs the business out of California and for the last two plus years has been trying to dig himself out of the hole the previous owner made.
Ah, well thank you for the clarity on that. More info to fuel indecision! 😆

Ah, well thank you for the clarity on that. More info to fuel indecision! 😆

No worries. Unfortunately it is a confusing situation that is a huge headache for the new owner. He's been digging himself out of a hole since he bought it.

No worries. Unfortunately it is a confusing situation that is a huge headache for the new owner. He's been digging himself out of a hole since he bought it.
I didn’t know they were separate either. Huh, interesting. I’m surprised the new owner didn’t choose to rebrand to avoid the stigma / avoid confusion altogether.

For Alpharex, I'd see if there are any sponsors on the site that offer them. If you message some are pretty cool and give decent deals. Don't know if Alpharex has the whole MAP pricing thing.

MORIMOTO fan boy checking in. Haha.
Check into MESO Stage 1/2 tails. I like them and they run with the OEM tails.
I'm all for OEM quality or better. Not sure if I'd rank Alpharex in that category.

Back