• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

PaneTrain, the TRD 4x4 sport that off-roads

latest

Plus I gots new lights to test!!! Dual OnyX6 Hi-Powers!!!! and rock lights

scratch that, gonna head to butcher jones and find a cove to hangout in and kayak/fish a little.

While I was at discount getting a rotation/balance done, the tech show me how my driver side wheel has some play in it. Could shake the wheel and there would be a little bit of play in the uniball on the UCA. Any ideas what might cause that? Ball joint/ tie rod / something in the UCA? Might need to get her back up on the lift @JerryTaco2.0

While I was at discount getting a rotation/balance done, the tech show me how my driver side wheel has some play in it. Could shake the wheel and there would be a little bit of play in the uniball on the UCA. Any ideas what might cause that? Ball joint/ tie rod / something in the UCA? Might need to get her back up on the lift @JerryTaco2.0
In Vegas in business for the day but text me later

You and i have very similar setups. you are just a sb and im a lb. but silver. did you notice on your toprac the alignment from the cabrac? is it off? or is it perfectly on point? whats the spacing between the toprac and cabrac? did it matter to you? idk aybe i'm being obsessive i'm kind of a perfectionist but i'd like your input man. thanks. The rig is siiiick

You and i have very similar setups. you are just a sb and im a lb. but silver. did you notice on your toprac the alignment from the cabrac? is it off? or is it perfectly on point? whats the spacing between the toprac and cabrac? did it matter to you? idk aybe i'm being obsessive i'm kind of a perfectionist but i'd like your input man. thanks. The rig is siiiick

Hey man, the alignment is pretty damn close to perfect, not off by enough for me to notice. The full rack system looks super clean in my opinion. Can't seem to find any pictures of the full rack from birds eye (which is ironic because I have a drone), but if that would be of value to you let me know and I can take one later.

ive noticed that in the front it tapers and gets widers as it goes father toward the back.. lmk man!

Just put in an order for a squadron sport chase light with Dane @Baja Designs, hoping it can be delivered and wired in time for a night run this weekend
That's an ease one. Get a 1/4 inch carriage bolt so you can mount it to the crossbar on your rack. wiring is easy as fawk on those.

That's an ease one. Get a 1/4 inch carriage bolt so you can mount it to the crossbar on your rack. wiring is easy as fawk on those.
Sounds good, hoping to find the right place to mount it so that it doesn't get in the way of the RTT mounts when I throw the CVT back up there.

Sounds good, hoping to find the right place to mount it so that it doesn't get in the way of the RTT mounts when I throw the CVT back up there.
If you use the crossbar all the way at the back, it should be fine. If you swing by the new place on Friday after work I may be able to give you a hand.... no homo

If you use the crossbar all the way at the back, it should be fine. If you swing by the new place on Friday after work I may be able to give you a hand.... no homo
Haha right on. Should be shipping out today so we'll see if it makes it here by Friday.

Helped negotiate a brand spankin new TRD Off-Road Premium for the old lady over the weekend. Makes me want leather.. and lockers..

1530136617575.png

Katskinz..... Way better than Toyota "leather" and if you're gonna get a locker than you might as well get gears too :)

Katskinz..... Way better than Toyota "leather" and if you're gonna get a locker than you might as well get gears too :)
Already ran the numbers and all I'd be left with is a costco pack of ramen. So I got a TRD pro shift knob to hold me over.

Helped negotiate a brand spankin new TRD Off-Road Premium for the old lady over the weekend. Makes me want leather.. and lockers..

1530136617575.png

Super nice! Been trying to convince mine to get a 4Runner, but she’s stuck on a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead.

Super nice! Been trying to convince mine to get a 4Runner, but she’s stuck on a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead.
That'll be my next daily. I wanted a 4Runner but decided it would be too much like the truck, so SRT Grand Cherokee it is!

Back