• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

P.I Performance improver

KramerfromLI

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
The current automotive market is flooded with "mechanic in can". Stuff you generally find in big box stores that have been rotting on the shelf for years and they are more or less just octane booster, and end up just clogging fuel filters and giving you temporary "boosts" to performance. Then a new product comes out from amsoil and changes everything. PI performace improver is a true synthetic concentrate detergent and octane booster that gets added every time you change your oil. The difference with PI vs the other guys is amsoil created a product that is a detergent, detergents much like ATF scrub and polish surfaces not just try to break down deposits. the added benefit of a detergent vs the other stuff. its going to polish and clean surfaces increasing lubricate and hence forth gains in improvement a slicker surface for fuel to travel though and wear protection.

Here is my test with P.I. A friend of mine owns a 2001 subaru forester with the 2.2 non Turbo. He calls me one day to give him a hand with a check engine light. It throws a code for P0174 B1/B2 System too lean, a very common code that would suggest that hes either has a terrible vacuum leak or a fuel supply problem. after some poking around (and a few adult beverages). We smoke the intake, no leaks tigher then a clam ass. Remove and replace the fuel filter because it looked old and scuzzy. clear the code MIL comes right back. Add more beer we do a pressure test on the fuel system 32-34 psi at idle a hair over 50 while driving, Well crap on a spatula thats perfect. Running out of ideas as the sun fades i remember that i have 2 cans in PI in my taco. I tell him to top the fuel off and dump it in, i get a strange look and he accepts. Fast foward 5 days later he calls me and says "dude i dumped the PI in the tank my car coughed and NO MIL that shit is a fucking miracle". I was not surpised (but quite relived) that the mans car was fixed. 2 kids and 150K later the cars still running with regular PI maintaince with every oil change and STILL has the factory fuel pump and regulator.

Sorry for the long winded story but needless to say this stuff works! i have treated my Tacoma to it from day 1 and i am getting over 27 MPG on the highway with my truck at 80 mph this stuff works period. Ive attached a PDF with the amsoil study on PI feel free to read it and don't forget to contact me to get yours today! 25% discount for all members my contact info can be found in my signature.
BUY AMERICAN BUY AMSOIL! APICN_preview.jpeg

Attachments

• G2543 - AMSOIL P.i. - A Study in Performance.pdf
    961.7 KB · Views: 155
@KramerfromLI, how often do you get your oil changed, every 10K, or sooner?
Personally i use the OE oil (5-6K) oil change interval because i do about that a year on my tacoma due to having a work pickup that my job maintains. I do have 3 customers that do a lot of highway driving, one being an over the road driver. and they use the signature or XL lines of oil with the amsoil filters. I only suggest the XL or signature if you do alot of severe service stuff (offroading,towing,snow plowing,highway miles), because its #1 its cheaper to change the oil in the long run #2 they usually do enough miles where they arent even hitting the 1 year mark before the oil has to be changed. XL is rated for 12K a year with amsoil filters and Signature is rated for 25K with amsoil filters OR once a year whatever comes first!

Back