• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OVS TMBK 3 W/ANNEX

HiterSixOne

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
Just ordered this as our RTT choice. We researched many tents and price points and decided on our limited usage, this will fit the bill. The annex is not available on their website yet, but I inquired and they have one available and on backorder for us. I'll try to keep this post updated once I receive the tent (early February) and the annex (March/ April).

I have their Nomadic 3 and it's a solid tent. Came with a bunch of aluminum shavings inside of it but nothing that couldnt be vacuumed out. You'll enjoy it!
20200823_083739-01.jpeg

Tent arrived today ahead of schedule as well. Still in the box, probably unpack tonight.

Un-packed and installed on the KB Voodoo Hi-Rise rails. While not ideal it is very possible to mount this by yourself, as I did. Mainly the technique was to lift it onto my back and then press it up to the height above the rack. I had the tent opened up and I'm impressed with the materials used, assembly and finishes in the tent. I have nothing to compare it to, however for $900 shipped to my door, I'm a "happy camper" (sorry had to be done).

On one of the warmer days I'll open it up again and see what other storage options I'll be fabricating, as I have some ideas already. Additionally I plan on the KB Voodoo crossbars remaining attached to the RTT, as I do not need it on the truck year round. I have a solution or two for the exposed rack ends which I'll share in this thread when I have something finalized. I'm looking forward to it.

Looks very similar to the small Smittybilt tent I have. It's a great tent. I just switched to to a rear open configuration. Not sure what the ropes are supposed to be for.

If you are speaking of the red straps from within the tent, they are to assist in entering the tent. If there are additional ropes on the Nomadic tent then I am unsure.

If you are speaking of the red straps from within the tent, they are to assist in entering the tent. If there are additional ropes on the Nomadic tent then I am unsure.
No, not those ones, in the link it showed a "what's in the box" image they show some stakes and ropes...maybe for the annex?

TMBK_Tent_06__75112.1589360221.jpg

No, not those ones, in the link it showed a "what's in the box" image they show some stakes and ropes...maybe for the annex?

TMBK_Tent_06__75112.1589360221.jpg
Annex or awning/rainfly? I know that while ordering their customer service was outstanding. Maybe give them a call.

Annex or awning/rainfly? I know that while ordering their customer service was outstanding. Maybe give them a call.
Well my tent looks 99% the same but it's Smittybilt and they don't actually have customer service. I was just curious as I don't have those parts and I can't imagine what they are for.

So as I spoke of before I was looking for a solution for the exposed rack ends. I came up with this option. My very first leather project. I think it'll do for now.
20210306_132101.jpg

I just came across the OVS TMBK 3 while search for RTTs.. since you've head yours a while, how do you like it? Have you had the opportunity to take it out yet?
With regards to those extra strings and tie-downs, are they the guylines?

I just came across the OVS TMBK 3 while search for RTTs.. since you've head yours a while, how do you like it? Have you had the opportunity to take it out yet?
With regards to those extra strings and tie-downs, are they the guylines?
LOVE IT. We have been out a few times in it and really have no complaints. It is plenty roomy for the wife and I, sturdy construction, well ventilated and comfy with our bedding.

I did not receive extra strings or tie-downs. I do not see where they would be used, even if they were provided. I have used the additional annex and I can say that it comes in handy to cover the tailgate section of the truck so that I can use the bed without exposure to the elements.

20210702_131512.jpg

Good stuff! I think I may have just found the tent for my budget!

Those extra strings and tie downs are for the Nomadic models to tie down the extended overhang

Back