• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Overlanding/Camping blankets

Paige

🐾☠️💕
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the brand Rumpl?

They make blankets and ponchos and such that can be packed down pretty small. They look cool and useful for life on the road but I haven’t seen much about them besides their website and Instagram. They’re also not cheap!

What do you guys think?

I got one when they first came out so i think it would be the original. It has good warmth but slides around easy and is kinda small. It works good on the couch but in the tent I like something a little bigger to go from head to toe. Not sure how it would hold up to dogs either.

I got one when they first came out so i think it would be the original. It has good warmth but slides around easy and is kinda small. It works good on the couch but in the tent I like something a little bigger to go from head to toe. Not sure how it would hold up to dogs either.
That’s a good point. It looks like it might be kinda fragile against the dogs. And it’s definitely “swooshy” so I can see it sliding all over. Thanks for the input!

The sherpa version on the rumpl might be a good choice. I think the fleece would keep it from sliding around and they have a 25% off sale going on now.

How swishy is it, as in will it stay put or will it slide all over the tent as my 3 year old does Jui-Jitsu in her sleep. My polartec fleece blankets are probably due for replacement since the once soft fleece has become coarse and pilly.

It's definitely slicker than. A cotton or fleece would be. We do however use it on its own on warmer trips and it stays out fairly well. When placed under a heavier comforter it stays great.

Back