• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Overheating- Muddy Radiator

Stevetitus

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR AC Auto
Cement
I recently learned that my radiator was one of the reasons my truck was getting extra warm on the trails.

If this is happening to you there is a super easy fix, turn off your truck and let it cool down then start by removing the plastic cover over the radiator, plastic insert tool is my preferred method. Mainly cause I hate dealing with broken plastic clips. And the. Using a hose spray as much of the radiator as possible. Do Not Use Pressure washer as it might damage the fins. Also when you are done be sure to spray the area in front of the fan. This is the hardest part as it will be hard to reach around the fan fins.

If you really want to get in there for a deep clean find something flat you can connect the hose to and cut a slots on the sides so the water sprays straight out. I used a smaller hose that fits in between the two radiators.

Put everything back together and hit the trails again, I do this after each trip regardless of it needing to be done or not.

Attachments

• FC7FC4AF-C162-4CA5-80D7-977FF345D618.jpeg
    FC7FC4AF-C162-4CA5-80D7-977FF345D618.jpeg
    926.3 KB · Views: 82
Back