• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Opinions on ARB skid plates?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Woo Hoo! Bonus time at work! Time to throw some money at the truck! I'm thinking I need to upgrade my armor. Metaltech4x4 is local(ish) to me so I can save on shipping. I was looking at this skid plate set from ARB though and I wanted to know if anyone was running it and what they thought of it. Thank you!

https://www.metaltech4x4.com/arb-skid-plates-toyota-tacoma-2005-up/

I've been eyeing the same set. Heard nothing but good things about those skids. And it's not a bad price for a full kit.

Last edited:
Hmmm...the source of the 3mm thickness not being thick enough came from TW, and thus it is wrong. Should be fine for my needs...but now I'm thinking I need a Jackery battery and Cell booster more...too many things!

I went with the CBI skid package and I forget where I got the gas tank skid. Maybe Rago. Don't know about the ARB tho

Back