• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OME leaf pack

Adventurepronto

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hey yall has anyone took it upon themselves to add more leafs to the ome leaf pack? I recently swapped out stock leaf w/ icon 1.5inch aal to OME heavy pack 660lb
I'm not content with how the leaf is sitting w/out nothing in bed. Ive got almost 700 lbs in the rear as constant weight. Will easily add 250lbs when I'm out on the run from civilization. So I want to add another leaf or two. What else do I need besides ubolts and center pin?

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_124150.jpg
    IMG_20200913_124150.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 87
I added an extra leaf to my HD pack to make it an HD+ pack. To tell you how impressed I was with the results I am now running a pack from another company. 🤣🤣🤣

I added an extra leaf to my HD pack to make it an HD+ pack. To tell you how impressed I was with the results I am now running a pack from another company. 🤣🤣🤣
Damn it was that bad? Did you install the anti squeek? What are you running now? 😳🤔

Id look into the deaver expedition stage 3 pack if your looking to run that much weight. Im at 600lb fully loaded in the rear with my dakar HD's and they dont perform well...overall very underwhelmed with the dakar's, theyre a cheap and temporary solution to a better leaf pack like the deavers can offer.

Id look into the deaver expedition stage 3 pack if your looking to run that much weight. Im at 600lb fully loaded in the rear with my dakar HD's and they dont perform well...overall very underwhelmed with the dakar's, theyre a cheap and temporary solution to a better leaf pack like the deavers can offer.
Wish I knew.. 😪

Damn it was that bad? Did you install the anti squeek? What are you running now? 😳🤔

The squeak was terrible until I had then pulled apart, greased, and layered with bicycle inner tube pieces at every friction point.

I'm currently running the @DobinsonsUSA pack. It is performing much better. The only downside so far was a bolt that was flipped I'm the wront direction in one of the pack support shackles and it started to gouge my gas tank. I caught it early and it didn't do significant damage, but it is something to be aware of.

Back