• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OME BP51

jdeocampo21

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this suspension?

How do these compare to kings 2.5 ext travel w/adj?

Any feedback is appreciated.

I friend who does said they are very nice shocks. I plan to use this kit for my truck.

-M

I have had them for about 2 years. Overall I'm very happy with them. The ride is very well adjustable and off-road it's pretty freaking comfortable. On the road the ride is predictable and stable. The only issues I've had was the driver side front coilover has had a failure of the lower bearing twice. In reality that's a pretty small failure and something easily fixed with a press. Both times OME was fast to respond and sent me the parts needed to replace free of charge. I'll likely be switching to something else in the near future just to try something new, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.

Check my build thread for more pictures.
IMG_20200419_144045.jpg

@Mr. Nobody, Thanks for the feedback! Awesome build! I read a comment you posted here, you talked about you would have gone kings before the ome, but went with the ome (I dont remember why).

Going back, would you have gone to kings instead of ome?

@Mr. Nobody, Thanks for the feedback! Awesome build! I read a comment you posted here, you talked about you would have gone kings before the ome, but went with the ome (I dont remember why).

Idk why a lot of people have a hard on for king suspension. I have a buddy who was ridding king and switch to icon suspension and liked it better than king suspension

I don't think that was me. I had never planned to get Kings. Kings are great, but I actually agree with @Anthony29 that they are a bit overrated. I've even heard of shops that run them for the bling factor, but swap out the fluid for other manufacturers fluid because King fluid isn't as good.

I wouldn't go as far as to say King's are overrated... LOTS of people run them, and LOTS of people are satisfied. They also have excellent customer service, and are extremely easy to work on. I would venture to say more people run King than anything else...and it is because they are a great shock and work as advertised. Increasing the capability of a truck greatly. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of marketing hype, but If you're going to spend the money, I wouldn't hesitate for a second that Kings aren't a top of the line shock.

I have had Icon and multiple sets of Kings. The Icons were my first purchase, I bought a stage 3 kit for my Tacoma. Three out of the four of my shocks started leaking within 20k miles. This was when I was just starting out, I wasn't hitting trails very often, and I was relatively "timid" in the types of trails/lines I was hitting. I was extremely disappointed to say the least. The Icons rode well during that time I had them, but the leaking of oil was a no-go for me.

I swapped to an extended travel King setup and put another 20k miles on the fronts, with no leaks.
Then I went to long travel and got King fronts, another 25k miles no leaks. I swapped out my rears at 40k when I did my shock relocation, no leaks. I sold them to a buddy who is still running them with no issues.

All my King love being said, Fox makes probably the best quality stuff for the OEM level.

This is a good read Fox vs King ~ OEM Coilovers | AccuTune Off-Road

Back