• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OME-BP-51

Catfish

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
Hey everybody,

Anyone have any experience with the OME BP-51 full kit from @headstrongoffroad ? i'm in the air with what suspension kit I wanna go with and SETTLE with...

We have installed one of their kits and I can say that the quality that ARB has had over the years is definitely there. The components were easy to install, they looked great and the customer feedback on the system was awesome. That unfortunately is the only experience I have had with the suspension system!

I have the BP-51's with the Dakar HD's. Simply put, I'm very happy.

More detailed, install was pretty easy. I had a buddy help and it took us about 6 hours. We're not mechanics but it's a fairly simple install and we double checked everything. So that took some time.

I set the coils in the front to the recommended factory settings for my application. After having had them on for about 5,000 miles and a long trip through Utah, I'd like to lower the front just a tad and maybe give a little more compression and a tad less rebound up front.

That all said I am very impressed with the setup. The off-road performance is phenomenal. We were doing speeds with weights in the truck we definitely would have not considered doing before and never touched the bump stops. There was one moment where we came upon a rollover on the Cathedral Valley Road and both of us basically had a major pucker Factor. The truck basically rolled over it and the suspension took the drop like it was nothing.

Since we returned home from our trip I've put another few thousand miles on the suspension and I'm more than impressed. Driving around Daly the suspension is comfortable and predictable around corners. Even with the truck not fully loaded on our trip weight the truck is easily manageable and doesn't sit much higher in the rear than when it's loaded down. I took some friends in the truck the other day and they both have a Tacoma and an FJ with mediocre suspensions and they both mentioned how they could tell the drive in my truck was so much better than theirs.

As for headstrong off-road, that's where I got my suspension and Marie was amazing in answering every single little question that I had. Highly recommend going through them.

I have the BP-51's with the Dakar HD's. Simply put, I'm very happy.

More detailed, install was pretty easy. I had a buddy help and it took us about 6 hours. We're not mechanics but it's a fairly simple install and we double checked everything. So that took some time.

I set the coils in the front to the recommended factory settings for my application. After having had them on for about 5,000 miles and a long trip through Utah, I'd like to lower the front just a tad and maybe give a little more compression and a tad less rebound up front.

That all said I am very impressed with the setup. The off-road performance is phenomenal. We were doing speeds with weights in the truck we definitely would have not considered doing before and never touched the bump stops. There was one moment where we came upon a rollover on the Cathedral Valley Road and both of us basically had a major pucker Factor. The truck basically rolled over it and the suspension took the drop like it was nothing.

Since we returned home from our trip I've put another few thousand miles on the suspension and I'm more than impressed. Driving around Daly the suspension is comfortable and predictable around corners. Even with the truck not fully loaded on our trip weight the truck is easily manageable and doesn't sit much higher in the rear than when it's loaded down. I took some friends in the truck the other day and they both have a Tacoma and an FJ with mediocre suspensions and they both mentioned how they could tell the drive in my truck was so much better than theirs.

As for headstrong off-road, that's where I got my suspension and Marie was amazing in answering every single little question that I had. Highly recommend going through them.
great feedback! this will be my end all...

Back