• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Oil Pan Gasket Replacement

vantablack

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

It appears that my oil drain plug has been stripped while trying to do an oil change. I took it into Toyota and they said they tried to get the drain plug out, but they're going to have to replace the oil pan gasket. Anyways, has anyone done this to their truck and what is the difficulty on this kinda job? From what I've seen online its do-able at home, but with no mechanical experience I'm hesitant. Thanks for your insight!

Typically if a nut is stripped, I'll grab a dremel and cut a line so I can use a screw driver to get it out. Another option is to drill it the stripped bolt out. The plug should not be over tightened either so if the dealership did that get them to replace it if possible.

Upvote 0
Back