• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Oil leaking between transfer case and manual transmission on 2017 sport

nsp1jim

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I'm new to this group and tried to search here and on google but can't find any info about oil leaking between the transfer case and manual transmission on a 3rd gen. Has anyone had this problem? I'm planning on taking the transfer case off and hoping it's the input shaft seal on the transfer case. I've called several Toyota dealer parts to see if there is an output shaft seal on the transmission but no one could see a seal on the output of the manual transmission. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated
oil leak.jpg

I'm new to this group and tried to search here and on google but can't find any info about oil leaking between the transfer case and manual transmission on a 3rd gen. Has anyone had this problem? I'm planning on taking the transfer case off and hoping it's the input shaft seal on the transfer case. I've called several Toyota dealer parts to see if there is an output shaft seal on the transmission but no one could see a seal on the output of the manual transmission. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated
oil leak.jpg
how many miles? Should be able to get that fixed under powertrain warranty

Upvote 0
Back