• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Oil Filter Cannister Swap Out To Spin On

Wellspring

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCLB Auto
White
Has anyone here switched out their stock oil paper filter set-up canister over to a spin on oil filter? I know that you can get the entire set-up swap hardware from company by the name of Baxter. Swap out kit from Baxter Performance is the TSK-101-BK.

Oil Filter cartridges you can use are the WIX 51348, or the OEM TSK-101-BK

Any issues or complaints or successes??

Interesting ..Something to consider...
It listed this model for a Tacoma 2019 ...TSK-501-BK Cartridge (unversel)...$229.95. By Baxter Performance..
Thank you for sharing this...
Aloha

I too also looked into this I drive alot in my tacoma so I change the oil almost once a month and the whole process with the 2 different orings and draining the filter housing . I purchased the fumoto valve for the oil pan got the drain tool for filter housing just really big pain in the rear . I change my oil every 5,000 miles need my truck to last me a long time . So yeah the oil filter mod would be nice just need more information opinions from people that have done this mod.

Metal waste is the problem can't reuse the filter and it hs oil left in it.

Back