• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Off road tool bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

azshooter40

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Looking to put together a tool bag for the off road adventures. What tools are an absolute necessity for trail repairs. Want to keep it fairly light but want to be able to fix what I can if need be.

I always have a breaker bar and the socket sizes for most of the main things as well as my skids and sliders. Also 13-17 wrenches. Two sizes of crescents channel locks. A dead blow both types of screw drivers and a 3-8drive ratchet with a 1/2 adapter
Also a tire patch kit. If you don’t have a full size
And I have a hilift because your stock jack off road ain’t gonna do crap

Gotta have the infamous 10mm

I always have a breaker bar and the socket sizes for most of the main things as well as my skids and sliders. Also 13-17 wrenches. Two sizes of crescents channel locks. A dead blow both types of screw drivers and a 3-8drive ratchet with a 1/2 adapter
Also a tire patch kit. If you don’t have a full size
And I have a hilift because your stock jack off road ain’t gonna do crap

10mm, 12mm deep sockets as well as box end wrenches. 14, 17mm shallow and box ends.
Channel lock, Multitool, needlenose, Flathead, Phillips, quality flash light, ratchet straps, tire iron, patch kit, pocket knife, long knife, jumper cables, bottle jack, headlamp, maps/gps, shovel, duct tape, boots, toilet paper, baby wipes, tire gauge, Tow strap, d rings, qt of oil, jug of Dih2o, case of drinking water, space blanket, fire starter, trail mix, gloves, first aid kit, 2 way radio, 550 cord
That's pretty much in my truck always.
Probably forgetting some.
I have my winch bag, my CamelBak, roadside kit bag, and first aid bag.
My CamelBak is the biggest out of all the bags and even that's smaller than a regular backpack

10mm, 12mm deep sockets as well as box end wrenches. 14, 17mm shallow and box ends.
Channel lock, Multitool, needlenose, Flathead, Phillips, quality flash light, ratchet straps, tire iron, patch kit, pocket knife, long knife, jumper cables, bottle jack, headlamp, maps/gps, shovel, duct tape, boots, toilet paper, baby wipes, tire gauge, Tow strap, d rings, qt of oil, jug of Dih2o, case of drinking water, space blanket, fire starter, trail mix, gloves, first aid kit, 2 way radio, 550 cord
That's pretty much in my truck always.
Probably forgetting some.
I have my winch bag, my CamelBak, roadside kit bag, and first aid bag.
My CamelBak is the biggest out of all the bags and even that's smaller than a regular backpack
I think you killed the thread cause idk what more you could need.

Starter fluid and a lighter in case you need to re-seat a tire.

An SBR for when you need to change that tire in the middle of a f'cking drug trafficker's highway in the middle of f'cking nowhere in the middle of the f'cking night.

All of the flashlights. Magnetic ones, hangy ones, standy ones, foldy ones, bendy ones, pink ones, lantern ones, etc.

Good, stable jack usable on a variety of terrain. Extensions & lifting pads if applicable.

Breaker bar.

Cordless impact, 8mm-21mm deep well sockets. Extra keys for locking lugnuts.

8mm-19mm ratcheting wrenches.

Ratchet, extension, 4mm-19mm sockets.

Snatch strap. Something to hook said snatch strap to... D-rings, soft shackles, tow hook, etc.

Jumper cables.

Pliers.

Bit driver with bit set.

Hammer.

Channel Locks.

Tarp.

Gorilla Tape.

Zip ties. All of the zip ties.

Lighter and lighter fluid to re-seat a tire or burn that motherfucker to the ground if all of the other shit you brought with you didn't solve the problem.

And of course this should all be in addition to your expedition gear like shovels, portable compressor or OBA, fuel, etc.
And that is in addition to your onboard medical kit and 10 C's of survival.
And that should be on top of your EDC such as a flashlight, multiple knives, concealed handgun, tic tacs, condoms, phone, rainbow unicorn keychain, etc. which everyone should have on them at all times.

Last edited:
I scored a 227 piece kobalt kit off a tacomaworld member for $100. That stays in the back of the truck

Only other thing I carry that isn't on the list so far is JB weld/Liquid Metal, and lesson learned from yesterday is to bring extra fuses for your coms gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back