• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OFF ROAD Crawl Control Feature

After watching many videos of “ Crawl control in action” …I am glad I have this system on my truck…. (Hawaii)…we got white sand ,black sand and green sand beaches…and on the island of Kauai…even a “Barking sand beach…when it is windy ..sand blowing in the wind sounds like a dog barking!

In the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s …and on… for the serious off roaders…having front and rear lockers, was the ultimate system, next rear lockers and a limited slip unit in the front diffs, next was front and rear limited slip units, next just the rear limited slips, lastly just open gears…
Today so many choices…Crawl control….nice to have… if all the above fails… winching…
Best to always travel with a group of other 4 wheelers…there is always safety in numbers…
My 1986 Dodge ram 4x4..had a factory limited slip, I added a front limited slip..it perform very well on sandy beaches, but note: one rear locker , will always out perform two limited slips….
Those with front and rear air lockers…it is the ultimate way to go…!!!
Aloha,

I run through all my 4wd goodies every once in awhile just to know my Taco. I've activated the C.C. several times, but hadn't got stuck enough to need it. Still nice to know I have it.

Even activate my 4hi in rainy situations. Rear end doesn't slip out like in 2wd, and the much improved traction is a lifesaver.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_1SQSfhcg

Last edited:
Back