• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OVTune OBD II scanner issue

TacoTRDman

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
my 2018 TACOMA TRD cannot connect to BlueDriver, Ancel and Launch 129e scanners ......so i cannot read the check engine light code ....anyone having this problem ?

It doesn't connect at all? Sometimes when it's "maintenance" time, I'd get a check engine light temporarily. Not sure if that show up in a scan or even counts as having a code.

I've used:
KZYEE KC501 OBD2 Scanner - Worked.
BAFX OBD2 Scanner - Worked. Was also able to modify truck settings with apps.
Tactrix - Used with Techstream. Works for reading and flashing everything.

ZUS Smart Vehicle Health Monitor - This was some free thing. I don't remember if it required just their app or if it worked at all.

I've only used a Tactrix cable with Techstream on mine, but I've read that aftermarket headunits can interfere with OBD devices. If you have one, check the settings to see if you can turn off its OBD connection and try your scanner again.

Back