• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

NYC_Taco slow ass build thread

NYC_Taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. I live in NYC and just picked up my Tacoma this past July after years of owning Audi's and VW's. Figured a pickup made the most sense living in NYC.. All kidding aside, I ride motorcycles and needed to be able to haul my bike and the Tacoma made the most sense to me. Truck is basically stock at this point but seeing how my Audi's never stayed stock, I assume the same will happen to the Taco. I currently only have Cali Raised Ditch lights and a few other little things added at this point. Just ordered the DiamondBack bed cover last week and hope to see that by the end of the moth. Not sure if I'm going to do suspension or wheels next but will mostly hold out until spring for those mods.
Anyone else from NYC or the Tri-State area on here?

tacowind.jpg

Duc.jpg

welcome. i had a mk7 r a few years back. miss the speed sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome Rob! Love the R's and I sure do miss the speed of the Audi but that's what the bike is for. lol

Love watching your vids on YouTube! Keep up the great work.

thanks for watching.

I used to have a bike and I sucked at riding. I just wanted chicks to rid with me when I was young :ROFLMAO:.

I've vowed I only drive vehicles with 4 wheels. I don't even like riding bicycles. :D

Thanks for the welcome Rob! Love the R's and I sure do miss the speed of the Audi but that's what the bike is for. lol

Love watching your vids on YouTube! Keep up the great work.

Welcome and Thanks for choosing us!
Thanks! I'll be ordering the hidden grille LED light bar and wanted to power it off the ditch lights. Can I use the DT plug splitter in making this work?

Thanks! I'll be ordering the hidden grille LED light bar and wanted to power it off the ditch lights. Can I use the DT plug splitter in making this work?
Yes, that is possible! Just would need to add some more wire to it to make everything reach.

Welcome to the forum. I’m from Long Island. Do you see a lot of Tacos in the city?

Welcome to the forum. I’m from Long Island. Do you see a lot of Tacos in the city?
Not really! It’s just me and my buddy who has a lifted Icon Stage 3 Tundra (pic is pre Icon). I see some random Tacoma’s from time to time but I think they are just passing through.lol

I’ve beem trying to link up with guys but everyone is way out in the Island.
38525547-440E-46AD-984F-5B0DDFFAD871.jpeg

Not really! It’s just me and my buddy who has a lifted Icon Stage 3 Tundra (pic is pre Icon). I see some random Tacoma’s from time to time but I think they are just passing through.lol

I’ve beem trying to link up with guys but everyone is way out in the Island.
38525547-440E-46AD-984F-5B0DDFFAD871.jpeg
I didn’t think there would be. I might be planning a road trip from Cali to LI at the beginning of next year. If that happens I’m gonna try to have a convo with all the cool Tacos I see. All 4 of them.

I didn’t think there would be. I might be planning a road trip from Cali to LI at the beginning of next year. If that happens I’m gonna try to have a convo with all the cool Tacos I see. All 4 of them.
Haha well you’re already having one with one of the 4.
Where in LI are you from?

Not that far from me. I’m over in Queens in the Bayside area.
Any trails out that way?
Nothing legal. And even the stuff you can mess around with is very small and boring. Smith Point 4x4 beach is the best option for any type of Long Island wheeling but it’s just a beach.

Welcome aboard. Have fun with the new build.

Nice cover. I love mine.

Nice cover. I love mine.
Yeah, it just got delivered to my buddies shop in Brooklyn. Once I get out of the office I'm running home, grabbing my truck and heading over there to put it on.

Whats up all! I haven't been on here in a while and have been crazy with work the last few months. I've made some progress with my truck in the last few months and got the Icon Stage 2 suspension in as well as my Prinsu rack installed.
My next dilemma is tires and wheels and not really sure what to do at this point. I was set on doing 285/75r16's on my stock wheel but I thing I've talked myself out of that and now I'm thinking about going 275/70r17....... Anyone have any input? I don't want to totally kill my gas mileage as I'm already averaging around 12MPG in the city and 18 on the HGWY.....
TacoIcon.jpg

Whats up all! I haven't been on here in a while and have been crazy with work the last few months. I've made some progress with my truck in the last few months and got the Icon Stage 2 suspension in as well as my Prinsu rack installed.
My next dilemma is tires and wheels and not really sure what to do at this point. I was set on doing 285/75r16's on my stock wheel but I thing I've talked myself out of that and now I'm thinking about going 275/70r17....... Anyone have any input? I don't want to totally kill my gas mileage as I'm already averaging around 12MPG in the city and 18 on the HGWY.....
TacoIcon.jpg
Couple things, I'm in Ocean County NJ and used to be in Union County so not too far, and oooo I'm drooling over that ducati but I sold my old bobber to buy a focus st and after making too much power about to lose the clutch and synchro to third i traded into my tacoma, and fug the gas mileage its gonna suck no matter what! 285/75r16 cooper st maxx (load range e) and i'd say on the parkway I was still getting almost 20 mpg I don't really remember, but now I'm full steel bumpers and full steel skids so its trash no matter where I go ?‍♂️

Welcome! There's a bunch of us out east in Suffolk! A decent crew of about 20 guys, and a bunch of guys part of Long Island Overland. As for better gas mileage, the only recommendation I got is the OVTune. I've seen some heavy loaded trucks with the tune that get 20 miles+ to the gallon.
If you ever see my truck, gimme a honk!

Welcome! There's a bunch of us out east in Suffolk! A decent crew of about 20 guys, and a bunch of guys part of Long Island Overland. As for better gas mileage, the only recommendation I got is the OVTune. I've seen some heavy loaded trucks with the tune that get 20 miles+ to the gallon.
If you ever see my truck, gimme a honk!
Hey man, yeah I’m part of that group. I’ve just haven’t been able to make it out that way for any events. Hopefully I’ll hook up with you guys soon. I even got my beach pass this year so I can come out and hang.

Back