• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Now Shipping - 4.88 and 5.29 Third Members

AltRoad

2️⃣ Bronze
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone! We have been getting countless requests to ship pre-built third members to customers all across the country. We listened and have started a shipping and core return program. We are currently only doing this program for trucks with the factory e-lockers but are planning to expand to non e-locker differentials in the near future. This is great for the Tacoma owner who wants to swap third members on their own or the owner who is having trouble finding a shop to do the gear setup.

Photo Aug 02, 2 06 57 PM.jpg

The package includes the following:

• Nitro Gear ratio of your choice (4.88 or 5.29)
  • All new bearings and races - standard
  • All new seals - standard
  • Needle bearing eliminator for the front differential - standard
  • Solid pinion spacer for the rear differential - standard
  • Steel-It Coatings on all differential housings
  • Custom shipping boxes for easy and safe shipping for new third members, as well as core returns
  • Shipping to you with prepaid return labels for your core return
  • Detailed instructions for swapping front and rear third members
  • Unlimited tech-help via phone and email
  • Warranty

How it works:
We fully disassemble and inspect all third members and thoroughly clean the differential castings via chemical baths at our shop in Castle Rock, CO. Each third member is tracked via its own serial number throughout the entire process while our professional builders set up the gears for each differential. After the gears are set, each housing is painted with Steel-It coatings to ensure a long life. Once orders are placed, third members are shipped in Pelican-style cases to each customer. After the differentials are swapped into a truck, the customer easily places the third members back in the shipping boxes and returns them to our shop via prepaid shipping label.

Pricing:

$2,400 + $1,500 refundable core charge
SPECIAL: First 10 orders receive $300 off
Military and First Responders always receive 10% off

How to Order:
We are taking orders via message here on Tacoma3G, phone call to the shop (720) 469-3970, or email (andrew@altitudeoffroad.com)

Questions?
Post your questions here, send us a direct message, or call us anytime (720) 469-3970.

Local to Colorado?
You are more than welcome to pick up and drop off third members at our shop in Castle Rock, CO. Just let us know at the time of the order.

$2400 is for both front and rear my choice of gears, Upon return of mine after installing yours 1500 is returned. This correct?

$2400 is for both front and rear my choice of gears, Upon return of mine after installing yours 1500 is returned. This correct?
Looks like 3900 with 1500 refundable on core return. Just how I ready it. If its 2400 then I'm ordering RN ahah.

Back