• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived November Rig of the Month: I made a mistake

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
It has been brought to my attention that the RotM photo currently in first place has a political flag on the truck.

I didn’t notice the flag when I accepted the photo, which I consider a big mistake on my part.

I would not have accepted the photo if I did, regardless of the type of political flag it is.

Since this is my mistake, I don’t believe the win should be taken from the owner if this photo does win.

In the event that it does win I will ask @hawsa for a replacement photo that can be used on the website and in the calendar. I may also see if I can subtly edit the flag out.

My bad.

It has been brought to my attention that the RotM photo currently in first place has a political flag on the truck.

I didn’t notice the flag when I accepted the photo, which I consider a big mistake on my part.

I would not have accepted the photo if I did, regardless of the type of political flag it is.

Since this is my mistake, I don’t believe the win should be taken from the owner if this photo does win.

In the event that it does win I will ask @hawsa for a replacement photo that can be used on the website and in the calendar. I may also see if I can subtly edit the flag out.

My bad.
Kind of a bummer that political views can be so offensive these days, huh? Let's silence views that are different to our own, right?

Nothing against you of course Tyler - I understand that you're trying to upkeep a neutral space and I respect the guidelines you have in place. For future reference, I don't recall seeing anything that restricts political material, though. Where do I find that?

In the end (If I win. There are plenty of cool trucks this month it's not like I have a huge lead) I have plenty of other photos we could use, but I respectfully request the original photo remain untouched. Thanks!

Kind of a bummer that political views can be so offensive these days, huh? Let's silence views that are different to our own, right?

Nothing against you of course Tyler - I understand that you're trying to upkeep a neutral space and I respect the guidelines you have in place. For future reference, I don't recall seeing anything that restricts political material, though. Where do I find that?

In the end (If I win. There are plenty of cool trucks this month it's not like I have a huge lead) I have plenty of other photos we could use, but I respectfully request the original photo remain untouched. Thanks!

It’s in the main forum guidelines but not in the RotM threads. I’ll add it there as well for future reference.

https://tacoma3g.com/terms/#post-57839

Understood on not editing the photo.

Or use second place for the calendar.

But I agree with @hawsa This is first amendment territory all day.

However, I also support @Tyler as this site is essentially private property and he has every right to enforce whatever policy he desires.

Cancel culture at work. Even on Veterans Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back