• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Northeast Taco Gen3 gas mileage??

paulp

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
uggggghh, I'll start by that, and I know this is like talking about the best car wax, but being out of Haverhill ma and traveling to boston at 5am, my average gas mileage is aroing 18-19mpg, and if I hit 21-23, then im not even at 40mph.
Am I crazy or is this the norm.
I tubed it and naturally they are getting way more but in like Vegas!
Anyone else in the same boat or am I crazy....
Oh ya, it 11k on it. new since June.

Considering that you (I assume) are also getting winter weather, you're doing better than I am (stock OR MT with 26570/17 BFG's and a topper). Lately it's been 17-17.5mpg. In the summer I can add about 2mpg.

Considering that you (I assume) are also getting winter weather, you're doing better than I am (stock OR MT with 26570/17 BFG's and a topper). Lately it's been 17-17.5mpg. In the summer I can add about 2mpg.
Thanks,, Ya I was just trying to figure if I was hitting the pedal to quick or something like that as utube videos that I love to watch for popular mods also get into mileage and performance, and always talk about their mileage, and always seem to be better than mine but now I know Its totally norm for the northeast, propabaly the hills n such also huge factors as well.
Thank again..

uggggghh, I'll start by that, and I know this is like talking about the best car wax, but being out of Haverhill ma and traveling to boston at 5am, my average gas mileage is aroing 18-19mpg, and if I hit 21-23, then im not even at 40mph.
Am I crazy or is this the norm.
I tubed it and naturally they are getting way more but in like Vegas!
Anyone else in the same boat or am I crazy....
Oh ya, it 11k on it. new since June.
I think you are actually getting above average mileage.

I think you are actually getting above average mileage.
Definitely right around average, if not a little better.

to put this into reference. I get 12.5mpg all the time.

Back