• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

NorCal trails?

There’s Cow Mountain OHV in Ukiah, Knoxville OHV in Napa, Mendocino NF/Lake Pillsburry in Lake County/Mendocino County.
Times like these i wish i lived farther north. It’s a 2.75hr trek from where i am :(

Times like these i wish i lived farther north. It’s a 2.75hr trek from where i am :(

Yeah if you’re down further south then Hollister is probably your best bet. If you can make a weekend out of it I’d highly recommend Mendo/Pillsburry.

You ever find any? I know a couple of dirt roads in the South Bay, not trails per se, but easy dirt that'll give you an excuse to turn on 4Hi and keep your gears lubed up (per the owner's manual).

You know about Hollister already but there's also New Idria/Clear Creek (but you need a permit for Clear Creek), it's an easy daytrip there and back or you can do an overnighter.

Haven’t had a chance to explore but there are quite a few.. just need to drive over an hour to get to any... time i don’t have at the moment unfortunately. Perhaps this weekend i’ll have to find a dirt patch somewhere. Haha

There are some trails up in clear lake. And there is also frank Raines ohv if you in the bay might be same distance as hollister. If you want together on Sunday or Monday then let me know.

Is there any chance I could hit up some trails in my 2wd off road Taco or am I SOL?

There will be fire roads all over the Mendocino shortly after this complex is done

I've read about Old Coast Road south of Monterrey. According to the guide book, it's easy when dry.

We were
I've read about Old Coast Road south of Monterrey. According to the guide book, it's easy when dry.

We were going to do that road today but there tons of rain hitting the area right now so I'm thinking we'll likely pass. Yesterday's adventures on the Lost Coast were enough for me for a bit.

We were

We were going to do that road today but there tons of rain hitting the area right now so I'm thinking we'll likely pass. Yesterday's adventures on the Lost Coast were enough for me for a bit.

I did it a couple of weeks ago. It was still dry and could have been done in a car. Great views, a good reason to put er in 4 hi.

The sierras has a lot to offer, I think my favorite out there is iron lakes. Definitely worth checking out.

It goes through Big Sur, a pretty easy trail. Lots of good ridgeline camping up the fire roads there.

I’ve gone a fair bit around Mendocino National Forest but it is a fair trek out there and some trails can be pinstripy, I have friends up there so drive that way often. Southern MNF and cow mountain have been closed for a year or so due to the fires .

There’s prairie city ohv outside Sacramento and often events there with a sort of obstacle course. Hollister can be fun but sucks in the mud.

Up in the sierras probably some of the most diverse terrain.

It goes through Big Sur, a pretty easy trail. Lots of good ridgeline camping up the fire roads there.

I’ve gone a fair bit around Mendocino National Forest but it is a fair trek out there and some trails can be pinstripy, I have friends up there so drive that way often. Southern MNF and cow mountain have been closed for a year or so due to the fires .

There’s prairie city ohv outside Sacramento and often events there with a sort of obstacle course. Hollister can be fun but sucks in the mud.

Up in the sierras probably some of the most diverse terrain.

South cow mountain opens up again Monday, they have a clean up event this weekend.

Back