• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Noise coming from engine bay

ASAP_Taco

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score

This noise happens when im in accessory mode and while the engine is on. It affects my calls as the person im talking to can hear the noise on their end. Does anyone know where its coming from and how to fix? Tried unplugging the dcm fuse but no luck.

No go for me. Stupid work. YouTube? :)

1675457462825.png

Mine has it too for a short while. I believe it's part of the fuel system return that runs to clear things.

Sounds like the EVAP purge system. After my Toyotas are off sometimes they'll randomly make that sound for a few minutes.

Is this sound on all the time when in Accessory mode or while the engine is on? What year is your Tacoma?

Sounds like the EVAP purge system. After my Toyotas are off sometimes they'll randomly make that sound for a few minutes.

Is this sound on all the time when in Accessory mode or while the engine is on? What year is your Tacoma?
Its on all the time. The year is 2022. Trd off road . Push to start if that helps.

Its on all the time. The year is 2022. Trd off road . Push to start if that helps.
All the time as frequently or 24/7?

There was a fuel pump recall. Check to see if your VIN is affected. Also check the gas cap. Make sure it's clicked on well. If it's a leak or malfunction, it might be triggering the EVAP to keep trying to pressurize.

That's what I think it is. I'd say let the dealer take care of it.

Back