• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Nitro Gear 5.29 package in their Taco?

wieczg

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Nitro Gear 5.29? I am intrigued by the reported upgrades in performance. Does anyone know if there are better options than the Nitro Gear? Also does anyone know if there is a reputable shop to install the package in the Chicago area?

I have the nitro gears 5.29 in my truck. No issues, feels MUCH better immediately with larger tires. I’m running 37’s now and while it doesn’t feel as peppy as it did with 35’s, I don’t have the comparison knowledge of what 37’s were like with stock gearing, but the difference in stock gearing going from stock tires to 33’s and then to 35’s, I can guess how absolute dog shit the acceleration and gear hunting would be on stock gears with 37’s

Back