• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

NICO & Gooloo battery boosters? Review?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Purchase just 3 months ,one NICO 40 for my wife’s car, & one Gooloo 2000 for my Tacoma 2029 TRD…
Both says you will need to recharge approx every 2-3 months…

This is what I found ..3 month later…I charge the NICO 40 first it took several hours to fully charge…after charging the Gooloo…approx one hour..
Results was the NICO 40 seems to discharge in storage at a faster rate…. The Gooloo rate of discharge seems minimal to me…Note: I just brought these, never use them before …and this is my first time re-charging as instructions…in Manuel..

Also the charging system seems easier to work with…Gooloo has a complete attachments…NICO I need a USB plug..to electrical outlet NOT provided…
Both battery boosters mentions you can jump multiple vehicles…. Best to read the many on line reviews….both had there pros & cons…

My thoughts here is the Gooloo is slimmer, easier to storage, like under the seat…. Easier to charge…USB port only for the booster, and normal plug on the other end to any household electrical outlet…Yes the NICO has USB plugs on both ends …charging any where with these USB plugs..

What surprise me was how fast the NICO 40 battery booster drain in storage and length of time to recharge it…vs Gooloo did’t seem to drain much ,base on how fast to recharge it…

Be sure to keep your battery boosters recharge before taking on those long trips…both can be use to recharge cell phones beside needing a battery jump!.. and both do have flashlights…nice..
Aloha

Maybe if the NICO is just USB, it charges slower or the power source you used wasn't a high output plug?
If the Gooloo is smaller and slimmer, maybe that battery has less capacity?
When it comes to capacity, I would definitely trust NICO to be more accurate compared to the Gooloo one. I am certain Gooloo has inflated numbers.
Did you charge them when you first got them?

Yes ..I did charge them both up , as per instructions… both were charge with the cords provided…
Both had Pros & cons about there devices…

Please remember this is the first time charging up ,after purchasing three months ago…both mention to recharge every 2-3 months….
Both had readings below the green levels (approx 3/4 to maybe 4/5 ths? level of reserves)…..I have no way to test,..
Both had about the same power ratings…both can do multiple charges, and even Diesel engines…

Which one is better? .. I don’t know.. but I understand both can do the same thing…
As far as for inflated numbers? I don’t know…both run many claims…by the way..I read more about the failure of the NICO brand then Gooloo brand…yet each had very, very high ratings !

One reason I purchased both brands…to test for my self..and I trust both brands , and there claims..base on many reviews that was posted on several sites..
also I like the flashlight and able to recharge the phones..

Both brands do offer larger and more powerful units…and lower power end units…
No matter what brand you decide to buy? If it works..and you are able to jump start your battery…this is a good thing…!
I own three brands of battery drills, as long as it can drill a hole or install screws…this is good too…
Aloha,

Back