• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Next Upgrade?

Next Upgrade?

• Suspension

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bumper + Winch

• LED Headlights

• Total voters

OGMuffinMan

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2022 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Army Green
Hey everyone,
I have a 2022 Tacoma TRD Offroad with a few upgrades but I am trying to figure out what I should do next. I have listed my current upgrades below:

Toyota TRD 2in lift (the factory 2 inch lift they make)
32in tires
CBI Bedrack with a rooftop tent
Prinsu Roof Rack
Rock Sliders
RCI Skid Plate
RCI Bed Stiffeners

As far as what I am looking at next I am not sure. I will list some possible next upgrades as well:

Upgrade suspension to something like the Fox 2.5 Performance Elite or Icon Stage 6 (or maybe I just upgrade my rear leaf springs for now and do a full suspension later?)

Hi-Lite or C4 Fab Bumper with winch

Alpha-Rex Headlights

I would really appreciate some help deciding on what I should do next. For reference, the truck is in Colorado and I go offroading or Overlanding about every other weekend. I will also likely be getting all of those upgrades at some point but my question is which do I do next?

You have the rock sliders and bed rack. So you're starting to add weight.
I would look at the suspension. I assume you'll want to go higher with stiffer coils to keep things level and a decent height.

Definitely up the suspension before adding the front bumper and winch.

Back