• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Next Give Away

Jay

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.lcoverland.com
2021 Sport DCSB Auto
Army Green
So. I want to hear what people would like as a next giveaway. Keep it realistic. nothing crazy but nothing to minimal
Our past give aways include
Caliraised bed stiffeners
Expedition Essentials bed compressor mount
PelfreyBilt Skid plate of the winners choice

We have been talking about possibly doing one for when we hit our 1000th member. We just hit 751 so that gives us time to plan and think.
What I encourage everyone to do is post below what they would like to win for a give away item. doesn't necessarily have to include a brand it can just say skid plate or ditch lights, and we will take it from there.

Cheers everyone
Jay!

Lol just awesome you guys do give aways! I could used some RXT leafs or sdhq ABS guards at the moment.

Lol just awesome you guys do give aways! I could used some RXT leafs or sdhq ABS guards at the moment.
The abs guards are Definitely something I have definitely thought about.
If we don’t have these as a giveaway might be possible to have them as a raffle when we do our open house.
Lightbar? TRD pro headlights/taillights? That’s what I would like anyways lol.
Light bars are good. Any particular light bar location. Behind grill flush mount behind the lower grill?

Now that we have @Baja Designs and I’m in frequent contact with Dane from bd might be possible. Maybe a combo kit with caliraised brackets?
Light combo kit or cough cough a 40"light bar so this lonely canadian:cry:

The abs guards are Definitely something I have definitely thought about.
If we don’t have these as a giveaway might be possible to have them as a raffle when we do our open house.

Light bars are good. Any particular light bar location. Behind grill flush mount behind the lower grill?

I like the behind the lower grille location.

Sigh , for shure after I get rid of my black oak one

@Tyler here's my ideas based off of our current T3G vendors, assuming a roughly $220-$280ish budget that will be a big deal to the winner but isn't going to bankrupt the site:

- $250 SDHQ Gift Certificate

- Pair of Baja Designs Squadron-R Sports or $250 Gift Certificate

- Black Lights Matter headlight mod

- Pelfreybilt skid plate, Battery Cage + swag pack, $250 Gift Certificate, or a set of TRED 1100s

I think all of the above is something just about everyone could use, especially the gift certificates, and would garner a lot of attention.

@Tyler here's my ideas based off of our current T3G vendors, assuming a roughly $220-$280ish budget that will be a big deal to the winner but isn't going to bankrupt the site:

- $250 SDHQ Gift Certificate

- Pair of Baja Designs Squadron-R Sports or $250 Gift Certificate

- Black Lights Matter headlight mod

- Pelfreybilt skid plate, Battery Cage + swag pack, $250 Gift Certificate, or a set of TRED 1100s

I think all of the above is something just about everyone could use, especially the gift certificates, and would garner a lot of attention.
I like where your mind is at

Battery cage
BD ditch lights
SDHQ ditch light brackets
Gift cert to SDHQ
SwitchPro!!!!!!!!

A starter recovery kit for those that offload/overland.
I would argue that overlanding is a good bit more involved than just "off roading", and so anybody who overlands either already has recovery gear and/or needs more than the basics, or whatever would be included in a starter kit.

I don't overland, but I have an air compressor, air down tools, general tools such as wrenches and allens and pliers, etc, tow strap, soft shackle, hard shackles, rechargeable battery starter with jumper cables. I use it fairly often in the desert when responding to the recovery requests in my local FB page. Would argue that my stuff is somewhere between basic and intermediate and it's just average stuff. My point being is that the bigger items, such as treds or maxtrax for example, would be more useful for an overlander since they likely already have what i have

Edit* for the sake of correctness, I just wouldn't use "starter recovery kit" and "overland" in the same sentence lol sorry I picked apart your contribution to the thread

Last edited:
I would argue that overlanding is a good bit more involved than just "off roading", and so anybody who overlands either already has recovery gear and/or needs more than the basics, or whatever would be included in a starter kit.

I don't overland, but I have an air compressor, air down tools, general tools such as wrenches and allens and pliers, etc, tow strap, soft shackle, hard shackles, rechargeable battery starter with jumper cables. I use it fairly often in the desert when responding to the recovery requests in my local FB page. Would argue that my stuff is somewhere between basic and intermediate and it's just average stuff. My point being is that the bigger items, such as treds or maxtrax for example, would be more useful for an overlander since they likely already have what i have

Edit* for the sake of correctness, I just wouldn't use "starter recovery kit" and "overland" in the same sentence lol sorry I picked apart your contribution to the thread
So possibly some recovery boards?

Super cool of you guys to do this!

I think some Baja designs fog lights would be a sweet giveaway, might be a little pricey though.

Back