• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to the block

Rot4t3

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Howdy, I picked up a '19 TRD OR DCSB. Looking forward to building her up for some fun in the dirt. Any tips and tricks for a complete beginner are definitely appreciated.

Img_181220175238171-1.jpg

What’s the plans for the truck?

Looking for ideas right now. I like the soft cap with mounted tent. I need to get experience off road I think before I really know what I want to do. Family camping is in the very near future to figure out what needs doing first.

Open to suggestions for a good 3+ person over-bed/cab tent for sure.

Don't know what I don't know at this point though.

Looking for ideas right now. I like the soft cap with mounted tent. I need to get experience off road I think before I really know what I want to do. Family camping is in the very near future to figure out what needs doing first.

Open to suggestions for a good 3+ person over-bed/cab tent for sure.

Don't know what I don't know at this point though.
I’m still pretty new with my tacoma I don’t wanna push this nor am I pushing you but if you’d like you can check out my channel on YouTube get some ideas from mine and my friends builds ? youtube.com/jesserizo and you can also get a lot of ideas from this forum there’s a lot of nice builds that people post your going to like tacoma3g forum ?
I’m running a right line tent for me it fits me and my wife perfect and maybe a small kid depending on your bed size but I’m sure a lot of people on here will recommend a rtt (roof top tent)

Welcome! Always loved the cement color, wish they had it in stock when I bought mine but ended up loving the white. Looking forward to your build!

Welcome, I am picking up the same truck today. My plans sound similar to yours so I will be following your build.

Welcome the forum! There is a lot to choose from and read up on, but you will definitely learn about your different options here.

Welcome the forum! There is a lot to choose from and read up on, but you will definitely learn about your different options here.

Starting to research the first few ideas. Looking like Cali Raised rack: https://caliraisedled.com/collections/16-tacoma-bed-accessories/products/overland-bed-rack
and the Smittybilt Overlander tent:
Anyone own both or either? I find some references to other Smittybilt products (some assembly required) and a ton of Cali Raised product references.

Decent entry combo?

Starting to research the first few ideas. Looking like Cali Raised rack: https://caliraisedled.com/collections/16-tacoma-bed-accessories/products/overland-bed-rack
Anyone own both or either? I find some references to other Smittybilt products (some assembly required) and a ton of Cali Raised product references.

Decent entry combo?
I have the tent. I always reccomend it when people ask about tents. It’s “cheap” compared to the $1k-2k options out there and it honestly gets the job done exactly the same.

I have the tent. I always reccomend it when people ask about tents. It’s “cheap” compared to the $1k-2k options out there and it honestly gets the job done exactly the same.

Outstanding! I'll check more thoroughly through your build log. Thanks!

Decent entry combo?
I mest up a week ago that same tent was $699 and If u got there credit card it was $649 lol I should’ve jumped on it but yes I know two people with that tent and they both love it they paid 1k so for that price I’d jump on it still

Couple minor updates: predator steps from the stealership (should have been in when I picked it up, they weren't and had to wait to have them installed). Tinted windows, tossed on some cheap mudflaps, had the 3M nose mask put on, and a badass front plate mount purchased from @MrProduxn

Next steps are figuring out the bed rack and RTT solution along with more LED lighting.

Still thinking CaliRaised for the rack and lights and SmittyBilt for the tent for now. We'll see.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190201_145910.jpg
    MVIMG_20190201_145910.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20190201_145903.jpg
    IMG_20190201_145903.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 91
Build update:

Cali-raised bed channel supports
Cali-raised bed tie downs
Plasti-dipped the awful chrome badges, grill surround and grill for a temporary fix until I get the Empyre grill.
Bed and hood LEDs installed
Hood struts from redline installed
1.25" spidertrax offsets installed while I figure out a wheel and tire combo

Took to the hills for a bit last weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_140201.jpg
    IMG_20190505_140201.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20190505_140045.jpg
    IMG_20190505_140045.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 74
Back