• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New MultiMedia update?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey, just had my truck download and install a new update. Anyone know where I can find a change list? I want to say the last update was in December sometime.

Hey, just had my truck download and install a new update. Anyone know where I can find a change list? I want to say the last update was in December sometime.
Would need TSB I can have a look fornyountomorrow when I'm at work

Upvote 0
That would be awesome, thank you!
Tsb date 2018/11/13 etune audio head unit software update:
15532773674888027506279653971911.jpg
15532773974777097031231152093507.jpg
15532774512427998239976474480948.jpg

That is the only update for the radio on there bulletin

Upvote 0
Tsb date 2018/11/13 etune audio head unit software update:
<snip>
That is the only update for the radio on there bulletin

Huh, that's weird. I thought I already had that update. That was the one that removed Facebook and Pandora, right? I wonder if it had to reapply itself or something. Although I've been without Facebook and Pandora for months now.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, check this out:

https://www.toyota.com/entune/support/entune-faq/

"As technology and markets change, third-party application providers continuously evolve their products and services and may no longer provide support. As of November 13, 2018, Entune® App Suite will not include Pandora®, 68 OpenTable® 59 or Facebook Places 54 functionality. As of May 15, 2019, Entune® App Suite will not include MovieTickets functionality."

Just checked my system. Facebook, Pandora and Open Table are gone. I still have MovieTickets for now though. Still have Yelp, iHeartRadio (didn't they go Bankrupt?) and Slacker as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Possible a minor change was made, or my computer hasn't updated that specific tsb as of yet , I dont work for toyota but my shop has access to all the car Info so maybe they havent posted yet

Upvote 0
I took a look in my Software Update section. Intrestingly the "Update History" is all blank. Not sure if that's normal. Here are my versions if anyone wants to compare:

Model ID: 13TDANNA-DA11
Audio: 010189
Audio System: 000099
DSP Module: A20020
Sub: 010001
Can: 130209

Hopefully that doesn't have any private information that allows someone to have my GPS driving me into a tree ;)

Upvote 0
My Entune software updated yesterday (3/29/19) And now it is totally FUBAR. First it tells the the new software is not compatible with the device. And now the clock is gone, the touch screen is misaligned, the navigation won't let me change the orientation of the map, and it won't let me down grade the software via USB. Called Toyota and according to them the current firmware is 1014C, but I have 1018C installed. And there is no update history.

Anyone got any ideas or similar issues?

Upvote 0
How did you find the firmware version? I'll have a look what I'm running.

Upvote 0
My Entune software updated yesterday (3/29/19) And now it is totally FUBAR. First it tells the the new software is not compatible with the device. And now the clock is gone, the touch screen is misaligned, the navigation won't let me change the orientation of the map, and it won't let me down grade the software via USB. Called Toyota and according to them the current firmware is 1014C, but I have 1018C installed. And there is no update history.

Anyone got any ideas or similar issues?
How is your updating itself?

Upvote 0
How is your updating itself?

I don't know. In the past it has popped up saying that there is a critical update and asks me if I want to install. This time it just did it all by itself with no warning. It just rebooted. I don't know what the previous firmware was, but it did update quite some time ago to removed apps that were no longer supported.

Upvote 0
How did you find the firmware version? I'll have a look what I'm running.
If you go into Settings under General, there is a Software Update section. In there under Update (not history) there is a panel showing the different IDs. Under Audio you will see a version number that starts with "0101" then 2 more digits. The first digit is the major version , the second is the minor. Mine says "01018C"

Upvote 0
I don't know. In the past it has popped up saying that there is a critical update and asks me if I want to install. This time it just did it all by itself with no warning. It just rebooted. I don't know what the previous firmware was, but it did update quite some time ago to removed apps that were no longer supported.
That's crazy I live in canada so I geuss we dknt get auto updates , I have to go to dealer if there is an update out

Upvote 0
If you go into Settings under General, there is a Software Update section. In there under Update (not history) there is a panel showing the different IDs. Under Audio you will see a version number that starts with "0101" then 2 more digits. The first digit is the major version , the second is the minor. Mine says "01018C"

Hmmmm...that's what I thought. Well I've got something to make things even more confusing:
2019-03-22 11.11.12.jpg

I guess I've moved beyond letters and went right on to numbers.

Upvote 0
You know, I wonder if it had something to do with the GPS rollover?

I can see Toyota being on the DL if it was since that bug should have been corrected before these trucks were ever made.

Upvote 0
You know, I wonder if it had something to do with the GPS rollover?

I can see Toyota being on the DL if it was since that bug should have been corrected before these trucks were ever made.
Over looked, possible but Toyota doesn't make the radio or the software for it they just open box shove it in the truck

Upvote 0
Over looked, possible but Toyota doesn't make the radio or the software for it they just open box shove it in the truck
Who does? Maybe they have a proper changelog.

Upvote 0
Who does? Maybe they have a proper changelog.
Multiple companies depending on region
I'll have to check my computer at work but Panasonic I think makes the big radio
And pioneer makes the base model one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's a pdf copy I stumbled upon - if anyone resolves this please post

Attachments

• ENTUNE TSB -0279-17.pdf
    836.4 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Back