• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Here

SNAPPY

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
New to the group. I have a 2019 Tacoma on 315's that i use for overlanding and trail rides. I have done a lot of work to this truck and have bigger plans. I'm a former MDT for Toyota and a few years with Lexus. I have built a few trail trucks / crawlers in the past. My plan is to take a stab at the 3rd gen this time. I have been collecting up parts to do a SAS, and 63 swap. I'm not going tons as i want to keep the stock rear axle ( I know they bend ), as close to stock width as possible, and 6 lug. I will be running a D44 front axle. The part I'm on the fence about is leaf springs, coils. or coilover. My interest is in producing a leaf spring kit for those who can't justify $4k for a link kit. Not to mention everyone who swaps a 3rd gen goes links. I have been looking at Sky's 3F springs since 44044's are damn near impossible to get. Problem is $1k for front springs kinda blows the budget build out of the water. Don't get me wrong it is still waaaay cheaper then coilovers and a link kit.

Welcome, post some pics of your truck! It would be cool to see you build something that is more cost effective for everyone.

Here is the next victim on the chopping block. I am looking at several different leaf spring sets and comparing the differences. I would like to be able to move the rear springs to the front with a add-a-leaf to again reduce cost. As mentioned before I will be doing the 63'' swap in the rear. I almost broke down a purchased a set of Kings for the front but quickly realized my end goal wasn't to take the easy way out. My goal is to build something affordable and reliable.

taco.jpeg

Back