• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New head unit can I add a bypass?

eight

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the help in advance. I ordered a new head unit from Trail Grid Pro and installed it today. It’s the Alpine iLX-507 Kit. They do all the wiring and program Maestro RR for you with the order. I’m getting use to the new head unit but the fact I can’t get to setting is bothering me. Is it possible to add a bypass to a head unit with Maestro RR, or will that cause an issue?

There is probably a way. The Maestro won't care. I run Pioneer's so can't say for sure how the Alpine will react, but my old tC and my current Taco don't care about bypass with the Maestro and I can enter settings any time.

I have not had good luck with the MicroBypass modules, but the headunit might have an unlock sequence you can do to access locked features. My DMH-WC6600NEX did.

Awesome I’ll see if there’s an unlock sequence

Back