• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

NEW Competitor - 2022 Nissan Frontier Release

New Holland Overland

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.newhollandoverland.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
1612464071315.png

1612464096253.png

1612464105398.png

1612464114069.png

1612464122587.png

1612464134862.png

1612464145203.png

What do you guys think of the new mid-size competitor? its a huge styling update for the Frontier!

Click to read more:

Lord knows it needed an update. It looks good. I’ll stick with my Taco though

Good looking truck. Much better than when we looked at them before our Tacoma purchase.

Hope it is a big jump forward, without turning into a pansy :) I've always appreciated the bare bones basic truck that has been the frontier.

I hope it is successful and takes sales away from the Tacoma and makes Toyota up their game on the Tacoma.

I really like the look (obviously since it's similar to Tacoma)

But my thing is, what is it doing for the mid size market? Doesn't seem to be bringing any unique selling point other than just being the newest mid-size truck lol

Competition should breed innovation but there doesn't seem to be anything innovative about it other than design. It only has one engine/transmission option. The interior is nice but nothing crazy cool.

Maybe if it's significantly cheaper than the competition, but I don't see that being the case based on the Titan pricing

looks ok. A little dated looking on the interior trim. I guess we will see how it performs in the near future.

Saw one being off loaded when I was sofa shopping today. Good for Nissan, I hope it brings some competition. I do agree it looks similar to a Tacoma though lol

85E7D8B8-D4D3-45F8-9305-E68BABC039BA.jpeg

My thoughts...Nissan seems to offer more features for the money.....vs how Tacoma trucks are getting less features compare from 2016 to present? My son,s 2016 Tacoma for instance...bed has big side compartment driver side rear bed...vs my 2019 Tacoma , both TRDs...has NOTHING....
Still I will most likely still buy another Tacoma....
Aloha

Saw one being off loaded when I was sofa shopping today. Good for Nissan, I hope it brings some competition. I do agree it looks similar to a Tacoma though lol
Man, I thought it WAS a Taco that someone had slapped a Pro4x sticker on. Why is it sitting so low in the front? Looks like it's getting squashed by the second level

I looked at these while shopping my SR5. The interiors of the Toyota are much nicer. And the price difference isn't that much. Looks like the interior of this one is a bit better but not much. Nissan makes good trucks, no doubt, they too can last forever... but for my money, or what's left of it, I'll take my SR5.

I am happy that the frontier has been updated. They are good trucks and it's presence will hopefully motivate Toyota to be even better.

I would look at it if I was in the market

Last edited:
It was mention Nissan center console is very deep...and roomy ...
The Pro-4x4 ...may fit 33’s with no problems? ...wait and see?

To bad the 3gen Tacoma’s front end ..is not set for 33’s or larger tires without modifications for a lot of taco owners..?
Frontier. Maybe a game changer? For many off roaders ..the people I know who have Nissan frontiers really like there trucks...Pro-X.......
Will the Pro-X Long bed may be available for 2022? Or later?
Aloha

Back