• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Never Ending Build!

Taco16

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Its almost been 3 yrs in my 2016 TRD sport DCSB4x4! I haven't even come close to slowing down on the mods to this truck! My wife would kill me if she had any idea how much i have spent! But Hell you only live once right?
20160323_055957.jpg
saddleback.jpg

Another socal local? Santiago peak? Trucks looks very nice. I hope i have my truck for that long lol

Last edited:
Here are few more pics of completed mods
ARB.jpg
Twin Arb under the hood on a Slee mount. SDHQ dual behind grill Led mount.SSO Slim line winch bumper. Mobtown steel skids all the way back. BAMF Expo rack with some Baja Design S2's. Completed all front LED lighting. Red Line hood struts. Re-gearerd with Nitro 4.88's. OVTune running 1.03 91 octane, this has been one of the best improvement so far!
tune.jpg
gear1.jpg
redline.jpg
grill lights.jpg
rack lights.jpg
skd2.jpg
sdfg.jpg
123.jpg

How do the Baja lights with that surrounding plastic from the stock bumper fit in the steel one? I’ve wanted to grab a pair for my cbi bumper

Better then i thought. I need to figure away to raise the light up about 1/2" to aim the lights down a little bit . As they sit right now there only going to be safe offroad or i will be blinding other drivers on the streets.

How was the cutting for this bumper? Mine shows up any day now and nervous about doing it on my own.

How was the cutting for this bumper? Mine shows up any day now and nervous about doing it on my own.
I'm not OP but it's very easy to do a good job if you take your time, measure and align twice, and cut through masking tape.

Get the lines taped off for cutting, double and triple check them have a good cutting tool and take your time its not a race! Should come out great!

Get the lines taped off for cutting, double and triple check them have a good cutting tool and take your time its not a race! Should come out great!
What was your cutting tool of choice?

My little body trimmer tool was good but the blades that fit it were crap.

I used a dremel tool with a really good cutting blade.

I used a dremel tool with a really good cutting blade.
Nice, I recently got one from Harbor Freight to fix one of my bed side cuts. It works better than the body trimmer but the cutting wheel wore away quickly -- luckily I had a few on hand.

I just received my Demello bumper and researching instal tips. For the AC/oil cooler coil under the radiator it says to bend it. I also saw some bumpers have brackets to move it back. How was the fit with a winch etc.? I also have a BD S8, winch is an x20. Thanks for the help.

I just received my Demello bumper and researching instal tips. For the AC/oil cooler coil under the radiator it says to bend it. I also saw some bumpers have brackets to move it back. How was the fit with a winch etc.? I also have a BD S8, winch is an x20. Thanks for the help.
Yes there are brackets to move cooler lines back. Also on the winch there is a bracket to move the control unit. The winch fits great. You can always call Jason at Demello to get answers on install issue's.

Are the brackets included to move the cooler lines back? Or did you buy some? I just have the support brackets for the sides.

Are the brackets included to move the cooler lines back? Or did you buy some? I just have the support brackets for the sides.
Double check that they’re definitely not taped to the bumper somewhere, or that you maybe didn’t throw them out. They’re smallish.

Not sure if DO does or doesn’t ship with these brackets, but you could just call Jason to ask. If they don’t, I’m surprised.

They wouldn’t be hard to quickly make on your own. You might even be able to find something already suitable at Home Depot since they’re simple. Otherwise, you can just buy something that is close enough and then drill the bolt holes where you need them to be.

Did you get yours installed? PICS

Just barely got around to starting it today. Been out of town working so I was doing my research ahead of time. Got the cutting done. Just have to finish installing the winch and lights and get it up in there. When I test fitted with the winch, it is hitting this cross brace in front of the radiator. Is it normal to cut that?

Attachments

• FB62AE3E-354B-41F5-B20D-BA43730FF522.jpeg
    FB62AE3E-354B-41F5-B20D-BA43730FF522.jpeg
    657.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 0598C81C-F4CF-4DFC-987E-CFCA65F8B097.jpeg
    0598C81C-F4CF-4DFC-987E-CFCA65F8B097.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 69
Here is the progress so far

Attachments

• 54DF079A-2AD7-469D-921E-8FC0F9AF7E7C.jpeg
    54DF079A-2AD7-469D-921E-8FC0F9AF7E7C.jpeg
    736.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 70FE4AB6-967C-4252-9A5E-A5B4877EDE33.jpeg
    70FE4AB6-967C-4252-9A5E-A5B4877EDE33.jpeg
    651.3 KB · Views: 69
Here is the progress so far
Looks great ! Is the winch hitting the bracket or the winch control box? I moved my control box to the passenger side to gain some clearance issue.

It was the winch itself but I was able to trim it and make it fit. Finally got it all together.

Back