• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Audio Need help with adding an amp and Sub, 2019 OR with Tech package

Born Lifted

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Good evening,

So I have looked most of the day at multiple different places looking for a sub and amp addition. I have a 19' OR double cab with the tech package, so I have the JBL system, which is lackluster at best. I am only going to be adding a sub and amp at this time and keeping the HU as is for now. Everything I looked up was pushing people to change the head unit out and doing a complete gut job of the sound system, but I don't have that amount of cash flow for it right now. I have a JL 12W3v3-4 with a box and a JL audio 500 1/d amp. What can I do to make this as easy/streamlined as possible to just add it and not replace the HU. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Anything? any ideas or assistance? Did some more research and possibly be able to use an LOC or one of those PROAMP converters or what not. I am looking for some guidance from someone that is or was in my same position and what route you guys went. Thank you

I have an '18, but I ended up changing out the AWFUL oem headunit with a Joying (Android based). Best thing I could of done. Adding an amp was seamless.

There is a guy who makes the harness on TW to add an amp with no splicing.

Back