• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Review Natika Front Facing Camera

406Camper

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
Quicksand
Purchase Date
Feb 28, 2022
Price of Product
Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Would you ultimately recommend this product or vendor?
Indifferent (explained in review)
Upvote 0
Mine has been working for four years now so perhaps crapping out in less than a year was a fluke.
1FE06E97-C22A-4A92-B50B-3276BC9839DA.jpeg

Good when it works (see build thread). No fisheye effect. Crapped out after 10 months. I just bought another one for $33. Will see if the company is going to do anything about it.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BFBCPB8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also have a Natika. Not the same model.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/NATIKA-Backup-Camera-Waterproof-Reverse/dp/B07H852D49

Might be the same internals. A lot of times they'll rehouse stuff. Mine has been holding up for 3-4 years now.

What was it doing? Wiring damaged when you removed it? Enough slack in the line for movement? There's always that chance of failure. I know the Natika are very popular with the front cameras in aftermarket Toyotas. Haven't seen much on them dying. You might have gotten a bad one. :(

Did you contact them through Amazon or directly?
I'd try direct if you haven't. They claim they are 24/7 and it should carry a 24 month replacement warranty.
services@natika.cc

Hopefully they follow through and send you a replacement before the Amazon return window closes. If you already installed it, you could send back the replacement in it's place. ;)

@bonifacio, I had that model you have as well. I tested both of them and found the model I chose (WD-779) had better resolution and less 'fish eye'. it had a 135 degree viewing angle. I will install the new one and return the old one.

Mark
406Camper

Back