• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

My 6112’s get here Tuesday, need help with settings

SoCaldiver

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi All,

I get my front setup this week, I have a 3rd gen Tacoma DCSB 4x4. The set of 6112’s I got are the second gen. I am asking as the instructions will likely only speak to the 2 gen Taco.

I am looking to raise the front 2.5 inches to fit a 285/70/17 or 275/70/17. I am open to going up to 3inch in the front.

I am also reading that it might be a good idea to grab the front diff drop kit.

I am new to messing with my truck so any help would be great.

Get a diff drop and your choice of aftermarket upper control arms. Your tire selection will work fine depending on the wheel offset. If you experience rubbing and you have the option to cab mount chop or get some wheel spacers.

Can't speak on the dif drop kit I didn't use one and not to sure what exactly it gets done, but Upper Control Arms are a huge plus! Will make it so you can get the best caster for a proper allignment and will make road driving difference look night and day, before I got my upper control arms I had crazy bump steer. After replacing with icon delta joint (more pricey one so I'm not sure how cheaper ones would perform) the ride on both pavement and offroad (especially offroad) are soooooooo much better!

Back