• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

My 2020 tacoma keeps overheating

Jesse Rizo

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I recently had my tacoma over heat on me 3 times just curious if anyone else has had there’s heat up ?

Original link: https://youtu.be/0lfdbADuX6s
4C1E68EA-CF60-418B-9141-E408190569B6.jpeg

Ouch, that’s crazy on a 3rd gen. Miles are low too.

The outside temp really 117*?! 🥵

I haven’t had mine overheat yet, kinda surprised cause I’ve done some crazy hill climbs in 90+ heat.

Maybe a faulty thermostat? Bubble in the coolant? I’d have the dealer investigate that for sure.

Upvote 0
Holy hell, was it actually 117 out when you took that picture? That's really hot! You said it had happened a few times, was it that hot outside the other times?

Upvote 0
I only over heated once in 75-80 degree weather. I was in 4lo for 4 hours. 12mi total off-roading off and on on trails. So I was shifting 4lo to 4hi on service roads and then hit actual rock trails 4lo. Towards end of the run in 4lo my dash said trans or something over heat and shut down immediately waited 10min and turn on the truck got home fine after that.

Upvote 0
Damn, it's that heat down there haha!! Woke up to only 3*Celsius today here in Alberta, no problem haha!
Hope you get it sorted man.

Upvote 0
Holy hell, was it actually 117 out when you took that picture? That's really hot! You said it had happened a few times, was it that hot outside the other times?
Yea it’s happen other times with 90+ weather it’s odd hasn’t done it anymore so I gues 3 times and that was it lol

Upvote 0
Back