• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Multi Functional Tire Suggestion

Ibryant20

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.ianbryantphotography.com
2019 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
Hey everyone, i am looking for a good off-road tire that also is good for towing. I am pulling a travel trailer and am maxing out my tow load on my 2019 TRD Pro. So i am looking for a tire that is not only good for off-road use, rain/snow, but also towing up to the Tacoma Max. I have about 2,500lbs in the Tacoma when going off-road, when pulling the trailer i add another 5,000lbs to that maxing me out at 7,500. My suspension is not stock, slight Lift but the biggest thing was a stiffer suspension for the added weight, also upgrade my leaf springs. Was looking at a size of 285/74r/16.
Any suggesions on manufacture and model?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Toyo OC III E rated
I have the C rated but only tow a jeep trailer with a rooftop tent on it. So far they have been the best tires I've ever had for my set up.

I have heard these are not very good in the rain, have you found that?
On a small truck such as a Tacoma I have found they are slippery. I've had Cooper and BFG's on my Silverado and Sierra and never had a problem. I think it has a lot to do with the weight of the vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back