• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

MN 3rd gens

@Sota166 I think we should get to together and hit one of these places up. www.where2wheel.com

start off on the easy and moderate trails. when my truck was on its stock suspension I managed some difficult trails on the stock tires.

@solscooter I'm down for sure. I need to start learning. I just joined the Minnesota Off-Road Association. It's depressing how little or no ORV/overlanding trails there are. Here is a trail map from the magazine. I have heard about Spider Lake Trails which are the closest to the cities. For some reason Spider Lake isn't on the trail map. I'm praying the Border to Border trail will be completed.

Attachments

• 20180613_124733.jpg
    20180613_124733.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 157
whats up guys! i live in woodbury, just outside of the twin cities. I just move up here last year so i won't be any good as to where to offroad but I'm down to check some places out and see what we can find.

Typically Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are open for me. Just depends on the week.

You guys are probably the closest people that are active round me

I don't know of any trails south of the Twin Cities, they are all far north. Cabelas in Owatonna could be good. At least you guys coming from Iowa or farther away could also use the trip to stop in there (I'm assuming we all like places like Cabelas?) Otherwise in Lakeville there is Venture Overland Company. I know nothing about it but have wanted to check it out... My summer schedule is a little crazy. I think it will come down to throwing out some dates and seeing what sticks. I can for sure say Wed - Fri is a no go. I could do (if available) every other sat in the afternoon/evening. Best days for me are Sun and Mon which I realize are no good for most... Anyway I definitely willing to meet up it will just depend on the day. We should all be patient with each other's schedules... We are all we have in the area! Lol...

FYI @solscooter I pick up the truck today from 4 Wheel Parts.. I got the suspension lift installed!

I don't know of any trails south of the Twin Cities, they are all far north. Cabelas in Owatonna could be good. At least you guys coming from Iowa or farther away could also use the trip to stop in there (I'm assuming we all like places like Cabelas?) Otherwise in Lakeville there is Venture Overland Company. I know nothing about it but have wanted to check it out... My summer schedule is a little crazy. I think it will come down to throwing out some dates and seeing what sticks. I can for sure say Wed - Fri is a no go. I could do (if available) every other sat in the afternoon/evening. Best days for me are Sun and Mon which I realize are no good for most... Anyway I definitely willing to meet up it will just depend on the day. We should all be patient with each other's schedules... We are all we have in the area! Lol...

FYI @solscooter I pick up the truck today from 4 Wheel Parts.. I got the suspension lift installed!
What did you go with?
They wouldn't do a cab mount chop on my truck when I stopped by and asked.
Was the arb tacoma still there?

I didn't see it. Mine is basic, bilstein 5100 kit from Headstrong Offroad. Comes with OME heavy leaf pack and light racing UCAs. I took Tyler's advice and went with his suggested kit.

Last edited:
I’m going to try and make out tomorrow night if I get out of work at a decent time.

@Sota166 @Dirtrider612
There is also a meet at the Brooklyn Park 4wheel parts Saturday morning 9-3. A cars and coffee type thing but for Jeep's and trucks

I'll be checking it out

Last edited:
Back