• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

midnight20pro's "Endless Summer" build thread

midnight20pro

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro
Midnight Black
Well this year sure went to shit and quick! :D (the original plan)

Here's my build progress on what was supposed to be completed and on trail back in March

2020 TRD PRO
t3g-TACOFull.jpeg

@MESO Customs blacked out turn signal
t3g-Turn Signals.jpg

@Baja Designs S2 Pro - Scene as ditch lights
t3g-Ditch Lights.jpg

Oil separator :
t3g-Oil Separator.jpg

Switch Pros mounted on Power Trays Vertical Mount:
t3g-Switch Pros.jpg

ARB Dual in bed:
t3g-ARBnBed.jpg

Bed stiffeners:
t3g-BedA.jpg

Molle Rack and Rotopax Mounted:
t3g-Bed Molle and Rotopax.jpg

CBI T3 rear bumper:
t3g-Rear Bumper.jpg

Endless Summer plate to commemorate one fkt up year :)

CBI full skids
t3g-FrontSkids.jpg

t3g-gasskid.jpeg

C4 Rock sliders
t3g-Slider-P.jpg

ICON!
t3g-Icon rear.JPG

Hammer Hangers

t3g-Hammer Hangers.JPG

October update:
t3g-carwash.JPG

Front end complete! These pics predate the wheels and tires.
t3g-MarsSun.JPG

t3g-MarsSun2.JPG

t3g-MethodWilco2.JPG

t3g-FrontShotShipit.JPG

t3g-sideShotShipit.jpg

Phase 1 complete

Last edited:
When I was researching parts for the build I saw someone selling one so I looked into why the product exists. If I can prevent oil from being recirculated through the intake system I definitely want to. This video showed me how much oil gets recirculated back into the engine so I decided I would tackle the issue early while the engine was brand new.
Original link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEytt0v_uvo

interesting. thanks.

just asking, have we seen long term engine crud building up in our 3.5’s like that old toyota 3.0L 1MZ-FE V6 in the first gen lexus RX’s?

It still in reno huh?

The most integral component (front bumper) was delayed due to lockdown in the manufacturers state. Before lockdown they were still working on orders from their Black Friday sales. They were delayed 2 months before lockdown at which point they had no way of restarting manufacturing until the state reopened. I was able to cancel the order with them (fight to not be charged a 20% restocking fee for something they never even began producing) and reorder a new similar design bumper from C4. The C4 low profile bumper is on the way so we can finally mount the lightbar, winch and bumper. 6 months into ownership I've yet to see it lol I've basically adopted a 3rd gen Tacoma

interesting. thanks.

just asking, have we seen long term engine crud building up in our 3.5’s like that old toyota 3.0L 1MZ-FE V6 in the first gen lexus RX’s?

I'm not sure but I rather not have my intake, filter, intake valves have to deal with this oil, if I can prevent it, I will. Plus I mean, the placebo alone is so worth it. Imagine pouring oil out from this catch an into a container and being so satisfied :D

Well shit while it sits here you aught to let me detail and ceramic coat it

That goes on the wrap too? I thought ceramic was for going right on the paint? It's already ppf wrapped.

Yeah it goes on the wrap too. Ceramic on PPF will help it last longer, in addition to all its other benefits.

will look into it. we probably wanna do that after its been finished being wrenched on. Thanks for offering. Will keep you posted for sure

It's not just the piant/PPF either. I can coat the bumpers, steps & suspension components to make them easier to clean and always looking new, plastics to keep them from fading over time, wheels to protect them from brake dust and all the other crap they/re subject to, tires so when they get wet they look like they've just been dressed, leathers and carpets to protect them from spills and stains, and windows so you don't have to use your wipers as much.

When's that front bumper getting here?

It's at powder coat right now. All parts are in (I think :D)

It's about to be suspension and bumper (+winch, lightbar) time.

It'll be done soon and I can't wait to get my damn hands on it. This is definitely one of the most insane years I've had on this planet.

Be well everyone!

Loving the hammer hangers and the cross tube. I’ll likely do the same when they release their Tacoma leaf packs.

Archive doing their own leaf packs? My ICON kit came with the rear add a leaf so we went with that.

Archive doing their own leaf packs? My ICON kit came with the rear add a leaf so we went with that.

Yeah per this thread Tyler posted in April:

https://tacoma3g.com/threads/leaf-s...sons-deavers-archive-dakars.10306/#post-51725

Archive: Archive Garage will be testing our own design leaf pack in the next few weeks. (Potentially available by summer) Archive set out to build a leaf spring that just plain works, high quality material, built in USA and has a full military wrap, bolted spring clips, tip inserts on all leave ends, correct bushing sleeve width. It will not have the issues like shackle scraping or jamming leaf into shackle, won't take an 'M' shape, isn't too long, issues which are so common.
Source post: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/rear-leaf-suggestions.9460/post-47384

I sorta wanna put a clown (honker) horn on the smash plate under the hydro bump so the first time I actually use it I can hear a goofy clown honk! It would be most satisfying

Hey what size rotopax cans do you have?

I sorta wanna put a clown (honker) horn on the smash plate under the hydro bump so the first time I actually use it I can hear a goofy clown honk! It would be most satisfying

likethe uuhhhooggaaaa one. Or just honk honk

Might as well get the Mexican hat dance too

Good lord, everything is so shiny. I kinda wanna just rub my face on it.... totally kidding

Good job on this truck!

Thanks! It's only seen dust not dirt so far this year but it's coming along. Bumper/winch/lightbar/fogs and finally wheels and tires go on in the next two weeks then I can finally get this thing off road

Thanks! It's only seen dust not dirt so far this year but it's coming along. Bumper/winch/lightbar/fogs and finally wheels and tires go on in the next two weeks then I can finally get this thing off road

Enjoy it looking like this. You’d got a lot of good parts on this thing. Keep em new and clean for ever!

I still support it going off road though 😂

Back