• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Micro-scratches

For rock chips, you can use touch-up paint. After applying touch-up paint, you can level it out with an orbital.

Upvote 0
Micro scratches or swirls I may call it. For an aggressive approach, I use a 4 step process (clay, ultimate compound, swirl remover 2.0, wax). I start by cleaning the area where the swirls are. I use "detailing clay" & water mixed with car shampoo as a lubricant other brand name products would recommend their own quick detailer as the lubricant. Until you notice the surface is smooth as silk. Repeat process if surface has rough spots. Wipe with a clean & dry microfiber cloth. Apply "ultimate compound" on the area where swirls or micro scratch. Hand polish or use variable polisher to buff area. If the swirls are still visible, use "swirl remover 2.0" apply on the area. Wipe clean & dry, buff until swirls no longer exist. Repeat process if issue exist. Finally seal it with clear coat wax, hand buff or variable polish till done.

Upvote 0
The closest solution I could relay is have your Taco detailed professionally & have the area where scratches occur covered with a protective wrap.

Upvote 0
Back