• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Max payload , Max towing rating?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
How many of you brought your Tacoma because of the payload ratings &. tow ratings? It seems many advertisements are pushing who got the highest payloads & highest tow load ratings…I am guessing many people will buy because of it has the-highest payloads & tow ratings..

I believe most midsize trucks..even the lowest payloads & tow ratings will do fine for the average “Joe”? Did those ratings effected your choice?
Aloha

Wasn't really a factor for me. I'm a city dweller and mostly only haul flour and potting soil. 😂🤣

I need to to around 2k pound trailer, so it was important to me that it could tow that. But I wouldn't tow up near the max with it if I can help it.

-M

Thank you for the replies….I also have a homemade trailer,5x4 , 32 inch tires..but NO longer for street use, license …removed.
For those long camping trips …able to carry lots of food , water & ice..5-9 days trip.. which I no longer do anymore..aging? Trailer in storage…

But I did NOT buy a the Tacoma for its tow ratings or payloads…but for its reliability & off road performance…
Just that a lot of advertising making it a big issue…same for horse power , and speed ratings…

Yes the Horse power, tow & payload ratings is important…but does not need to be the best?
Aloha

Back