• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance require stays on..?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
My son truck..(he went on a plane trip) …2016 TRD , 102,000 miles…. His center digital..kept showing the words ..maintenance require..I push the arrow buttons ..had to couple of time..before it got removed..
This time I went to pick him up…again it show ..maintenance require, bUT it never changes….tried pushing the buttons ,had to use other screen to see how fast I was going… it would not go off…!
Frustrating it kept staying on…. Finally got to airport parking read the manual…and clear it…. Why would it keep staying on? And on…? While driving…I am so use to the digital readings…. So disappointed..couldn’t clear while driving…
In maintenance require…once frozen all the other features will NOT go on…. Till you clear it…

How to clear ..push u-shape arrow on the steering wheel , hold, on left side of steering push right arrow till you get to settings ..scroll down to maintenance reset..scroll to yes push center button ..with the dot..once..done. I prefer watching the videos..
Aloha,

So the back arrow didn't close the alert? At least you have the analogue gauges to fall back on. I think the routine alert came up a little after getting mine and I went into the settings like you did. I trigger the low fuel alert occasionally and it's annoying. I wish it were less aggressive but maybe there are regulations at play here that they're conforming to. I'm only speculating, though.

I keep a log on paper and in my head of the schedule of maintenance so I really don't want the built in one. Perhaps occasionally going into the settings and resetting it will prevent it from ever coming up again. What's the threshold? 5k miles?

Upvote 0
So the back arrow didn't close the alert? At least you have the analogue gauges to fall back on. I think the routine alert came up a little after getting mine and I went into the settings like you did. I trigger the low fuel alert occasionally and it's annoying. I wish it were less aggressive but maybe there are regulations at play here that they're conforming to. I'm only speculating, though.

I keep a log on paper and in my head of the schedule of maintenance so I really don't want the built in one. Perhaps occasionally going into the settings and resetting it will prevent it from ever coming up again. What's the threshold? 5k miles?
This made me realize that I read the question wrong. I was thinking the check engine light was on and you guys @Lava road were trying to manually make it go away. Whoops.

Upvote 0
Above was mainly for info…once the yellow alert goes on…and could be base on mileage …if you do not remove the alert….it will post “ maintenance reqire”. And will stay ON! And ON….
Kinda like a thorn in your finger…”Maintenance require” ..till you remove it…
Thanks for the replies…
Aloha

Upvote 0
Back