• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

MacNobody's Adventure Build

MacNobody

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hi all!

I'm new here and wanted to start this thread to track what I'm doing to my truck.

I've had my 2019 Cement TRD Off Road DCSB for a little over a week and I am so in love with this truck.

I plan to build it for adventure travel.

Right now I am deciding on what I should do for the first mod. I am thinking protection in the form of sliders.

Attachments

• IMG_20190218_210920_01.jpg
    IMG_20190218_210920_01.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 115
Welcome aboard, and I agree with Rob....sliders are a great start.

Sliders are definitely a good choice if you plan to hit rocky or rutted trails. Don't underestimate a good set of upgraded tires as well.

Nice looking truck you got there. Welcome to the site. (y)

Any recommendations for the sliders? I don't have a welder but I have friends that do that I could persuade to weld them on. I prefer bolt on because I can do it myself versus going to anyone else.

There's a ton of good options out there. Check out the vendor forum for some companies that are supporting the site. There's a lot of good options in there.

https://tacoma3g.com/forums/vendors.17/

Some newer options in the vendor forum are @C4 Fabrication , @Relentless Fabrication , @SDHQ OFFROAD , @Victory4x4 , and @WarFabArmor . All offer different and great options.

Big things to consider are angled flat or up to a small degree which can keep the slider closet to the body of the truck. Kickout or none, the kickout helps push the truck away from intents your make contact with. And whether you want a top plate on the top out just the bare slider. Which can aid as a step.

I went ahead and ordered bed rack and RTT since the weather is changing and I can justify the cost to get us to some of the state parks and other natural areas here in Arkansas and just over the border in Missouri.

I'll upload some install pictures once everything has been delivered!

I received my mid-height bars from Tacomapocalypse today. I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning ? so I stayed home. I got to feeling much better when the FedEx guy showed up, so I am installing these today.

I had to run to Walmart to get some things first and saw this monstrosity in the parking lot. I love it, so I had to snap some pics. I didn't realize there was some people sleeping in it until I was walking away...

IMG_20190403_110140.jpg

I am pleased with the packing and organization of the bundle of metal I received. Cutting it open was a lot like field dressing a deer, and I love that. Maybe I'm the only one?

IMG_20190403_111753.jpg

The bubble wrap kept me from banging the ends into my truck and doing damage. I like that.

IMG_20190403_112053.jpg

The pieces seem to be welded really well, and I can't find any evidence of a bad weld or areas that were ground.

The cargo/accessory panels and the mounting hardware came wrapped in a burrito.

IMG_20190403_112905.jpg

Inside of that was another bag of bags. ?

IMG_20190403_113056.jpg

I really don't like being a billboard for anyone, but I also know that it's not easy to get anything without the maker's mark or brand. I think this logo cut I to the bars and panels is really well done and simple.

The hardware is all individually bagged. Nice attention to detail and customer-centric packaging!

IMG_20190403_113233.jpg

I cleaned, sanded, cleaned, and now I am spraying some primer and Rust-Oleum flat black.

I'm going to get back to work, I'll post final painted and assembled pics later.

Welcome to the forum. Looks like we have two nobodies now, @Mr. Nobody. Like everyone else, sliders are are great first (I guess for you now, third) mod. Take it from me - I have some serious damage on my truck from not having them. The rack and tent look good though!

Sliders were definitely #1 before I do any off-roading but this mod was too easy to order and do immediately to get ready for springtime camping.

I have been shopping for sliders that won't cost a lot for shipping, and those will go on before I tackle any trails.

Welcome to the forum man.
The rack and tent look great. Great choice on the tacoma. the grey is sleek.
As far as sliders, Rago Fabrication is doing a sale right now on theirs for tax season so check them out as well if you haven't already been guided to do so. The have a ton of metal works that are so simple being straight bold on with little to know drilling into the new ride. So check them out and don't come back on me if you end up buying more than you intended to:D.
Anyway, can't wait to follow and see what more is to come.

I messaged Tacoma Pocalypse on Instagram and asked if they were doing sliders, their welds are strong and their shipping is way cheaper for the bed rack than any others, I will likely go with them again for sliders when they get moved into the new shop.

@MacNobody check out our website if you haven't already! We will be more than happy to help you out with any questions that you may have! I seen that you were not wanting to pay a lot for shipping on sliders but in the end, you get what you pay for.

I too bought a JLUR in 2018, trading in my 2016 Tacoma. Would have saved a good bit of money to just have stuck with the Tacoma :) now I'm back in a 2020, happy as a clam.

Back