• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Low ATF from factory in 2016 TRD OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalifExplorer

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Website
www.wilmatthewsphoto.com
2016 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Sept 2019 I purchased a seemingly well cared-for 2016 TRD OR 4WD (long bed, if that matters) that had regular maintenance and benefited from extended warranty. One of the first things I did was have a local dealer update the transmission (via TSB 77-16.) Despite all that attention, no one ever looked at the fluid levels until I brought it in for 60k service, and sure enough, 1.5 quart low. No evidence of leak. Surprisingly, I had to persuade the SA that I wanted the transmission service done, as his opinion was they just don't merit attention. Can I assume that all is well with that AT now, or are there repercussions for four years of use while 10-15% low in ATF?

Looks like this is a duplicate thread to your other one. I'll close this one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back